The book of books

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
gpc
Admiral

The book of books

Post by gpc » Tue May 01, 2007 9:00 pm

I have to recomend this book to any fisherman. It is called Washington Fishing, it is publised by Foghorn Outdoors amd is wrote by Terry Rudnick. This is my favorite piece of reading material. It is full of lakes directions to the lakes, whats in them, phone numbers of resorts and near by tackle shops and a whole lot more. The book is kind of pricey but I would have paid twice as much as I did for it. AND I DONT SELL THIS BOOK ITS JUST THAT DARN GOOD.

iPodrodder
Commodore

RE:The book of books

Post by iPodrodder » Wed May 02, 2007 4:45 pm

I totally agree! I have read about all the lakes, he just writes so well I don't care what I am reading about. Very useful!

bustin
Warrant Officer

Post by bustin » Wed May 02, 2007 10:16 pm

I will definately go get this book.

iPodrodder
Commodore

Post by iPodrodder » Wed May 02, 2007 10:20 pm

bustin wrote:I will definately go get this book.
Good, another convert.=d> :d/

Marc Martyn
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by Marc Martyn » Thu May 03, 2007 12:32 am

I have it and have used it. Good book, however.......
If we all work very hard in helping Mike and Aaron build this site to what their dreams are of it, we can blow that book right off of the shelves!=d>
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu May 03, 2007 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

A9
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by A9 » Thu May 03, 2007 12:50 am

I like a handbook sometimes, but I think this website has much more to offer then a book. No way a book can hold information and maps and articles for all that stuff that WL.com has...
Don't chase reports...Be the report others chase....

Marc Martyn
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by Marc Martyn » Thu May 03, 2007 1:03 am

Wait til you see what they have planned............o:)

kevin07
Petty Officer

Post by kevin07 » Thu May 03, 2007 11:37 pm

Sound like the book has a lot of good information, I will have get one. Thanks for the information.

cole steffens
Petty Officer

Post by cole steffens » Fri May 04, 2007 2:08 am

gpc wrote:I have to recomend this book to any fisherman. It is called Washington Fishing, it is publised by Foghorn Outdoors amd is wrote by Terry Rudnick. This is my favorite piece of reading material. It is full of lakes directions to the lakes, whats in them, phone numbers of resorts and near by tackle shops and a whole lot more. The book is kind of pricey but I would have paid twice as much as I did for it. AND I DONT SELL THIS BOOK ITS JUST THAT DARN GOOD.
great book ive checked it out from the libray several times another good one is the trout fishermans bible
if we are good to are lakes and streams they will be good to us

iPodrodder
Commodore

Post by iPodrodder » Fri May 04, 2007 4:29 pm

cole steffens wrote:
gpc wrote:I have to recomend this book to any fisherman. It is called Washington Fishing, it is publised by Foghorn Outdoors amd is wrote by Terry Rudnick. This is my favorite piece of reading material. It is full of lakes directions to the lakes, whats in them, phone numbers of resorts and near by tackle shops and a whole lot more. The book is kind of pricey but I would have paid twice as much as I did for it. AND I DONT SELL THIS BOOK ITS JUST THAT DARN GOOD.
great book ive checked it out from the libray several times another good one is the trout fishermans bible
Hmm....never seen a fishing book in a library before.

raffensg64
Commander

Post by raffensg64 » Sat May 05, 2007 10:12 am

Hey, here's another one, entitled FISHING IN WASHINGTON and Sport Fishing Rules and 2007/2008 Pamphlet Edition. While somewhat dryer reading, it is tremendously informative and is carried at most sporting good stores or sporting good sections, ABSOLUTELY FREE OF CHARGE!!! If nothing else, download that monkey and you're set for the next 51 weeks! While most of us have already checked it out, let's make sure others do as well.

tcb
Warrant Officer

Post by tcb » Sat May 05, 2007 10:33 am

raffensg64 wrote:Hey, here's another one, entitled FISHING IN WASHINGTON and Sport Fishing Rules and 2007/2008 Pamphlet Edition. While somewhat dryer reading, it is tremendously informative and is carried at most sporting good stores or sporting good sections, ABSOLUTELY FREE OF CHARGE!!! If nothing else, download that monkey and you're set for the next 51 weeks! While most of us have already checked it out, let's make sure others do as well.
Not to hijack the thread, but I hope most people pick the pamphlet up and keep it either in their car, tacklebox, or on their boat. You cant squeeze by the Warden by saying "I thought the rule said blah". It might save you a lot of heartache.

tcb

Matt
Admiral

Post by Matt » Sat May 05, 2007 1:42 pm

I purchased that book quite a few years back and have used it many many times. I think the biggest benefit to this site would be to go through that book, find the lakes that aren't listed here, and include them to the database. I did notice when reading it that there are a number of smaller lakes included in the book that aren't yet on the site.

Matt
"When I grow up I want to be,
One of the harvesters of the sea.
I think before my days are done,
I want to be a fisherman."

fishnislife
Admiral

Post by fishnislife » Sun Jun 03, 2007 11:44 pm

I use this book a lot. Great directions and species information. Easy to use and very informative. I just wish I could fish all the lakes that he has fished. In due time.

fishnislife
Last edited by Anonymous on Sun Jun 03, 2007 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fish, Baits, Tournaments & BBQ's, Scenic Pictures, Hunting and World Record Pix:
http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c176/fishnislife/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

bob johansen
Commander

Post by bob johansen » Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:57 pm

I have an autographed copy of his 3rd edition where he mentions me in his acknoledgements as a bass fishing fanatic. Don't know why he would say a thing like that. I did enjoy fishing with him and other outdoor writers on the Snake River for smallmouth bass. It is a very good book indeed.
A nice bass is too valuable a resource to enjoy catching only once.

Fishing adds years to your life and life to your years - Homer Circle