sparse times at stickney

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
nickknows
Angler

sparse times at stickney

Post by nickknows » Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:02 am

I dont think there are many fish left to [scared] be had I havnt caught anything for weeks

dea
Petty Officer

Re: sparse times at stickney

Post by dea » Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:01 am

I've not had good luck there either. I've fished several times last year from shore during the warm weather using shallow running cranks...nothing. I casted straight out as well as to the lillypads to the east and west of the bank.

I have thought about trying out some modified Mepps spinners ( replace treble with Mister Twister bait hooks and apply a rubber worm, or other rubber bait ) and walking it along the bottom. I only get a snag everyonce in a while with this approach, and I can keep the bait at the bottom....good for bright sunny days...anytime the fish are likely to be lazing about the bottom.

oneshot
Commodore

Re: sparse times at stickney

Post by oneshot » Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:54 am

time to move on to another lake i say.. :pirat: