Cabelas 2012 Fishing Contest

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
G-Man
Admiral

Cabelas 2012 Fishing Contest

Post by G-Man » Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:42 am

Pete Heley has written about this a few times in his column and I thought it might be good to give a bit more press. For 2012 Cabelas has tagged and released fish into waters of Washington State. The contest runs from May 5, 2012 and ends July 8, 2012. All one needs to do to take part in it, is register at least 2 days prior to fishing in the contest. For West side anglers, Lake Washington and American Lake were selected for participation. For East side anglers, the Potholes and Sprague lake were selected. The species list includes a little something for everyone: Largemouth Bass, Smallmouth Bass, Spotted Bass, White Bass, Walleye, Perch, Cutthroat Trout, Rainbow Trout, Brown Trout, Lake Trout, Striped Bass (Striper), Wiper, Crappie, Blue Gill, Channel Cat. Complete details can be found at http://cabelasfishformillions.com/rules

Chumknuckle
Angler

Re: Cabelas 2012 Fishing Contest

Post by Chumknuckle » Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:55 am

I heard they tagged 15 fish in Lake Washington (9 bass and 6 trout I think), 9 apiece in American and Potholes. I've never heard of or seen anyone catching a tagged fish yet but it would be great if a report pops up with one.

murph
Angler

Post by murph » Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:10 am

One of my customers caught a tagged smallie out of Lake Couer d'Alene. He finds out next week what he won. I'll let you guys know.

murph
Angler

Post by murph » Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:25 am

So, finally talked to him. He won $850 in gift cards to Cabela's.

Chumknuckle
Angler

Post by Chumknuckle » Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:32 am

Awesome! That's not too bad at all!