Have you ever fished in Glacier Park?

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
Paul & Sammi
Petty Officer

Have you ever fished in Glacier Park?

Post by Paul & Sammi » Sun Aug 12, 2007 1:38 am

I visited Glacier Park 3 years ago and found out that the park entrance fee includes fishing inside the park boundaries. No additional Montana license is needed. Unfortunately, I had no gear with me at all.

I am planning to go back and I was wondering if anyone has ever fished in Glacier, and in Lake McDonald in particular? Its has a large population of Lake Trout and no limits on them. The park people would like to have them out of the lake. They eat the native bull trout and cut thoughts it seams. We have no down riggers so I am thinking a drop shot set up might be my best bet? I have never fished for Lakers before so..... ?

Any tips on fishing in Glacier Park in general, or for Lake Trout in Lake McDonald, or in a lake unfamiliar to you, would be greatly appreciated.