Fishing and Being Patient

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
Malottguy
Petty Officer

Fishing and Being Patient

Post by Malottguy » Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:54 pm

In my report on Rufus Woods Lake I mentioned about being patient.

This pertains to any fishery where the fishing is either hot or is just crowded. We all have fished in these situations and how you handle it can determine how you and all around you enjoy the day.

This weekend I saw both the good and bad. The bad was people casting in front of others on purpose to get them to leave so they could have more room to fish. Not only were these people casting in front of others they came much later and thought they owned the place. They were loud and being rude to all. I also saw a couple of older gentleman fishing in a smaller boat that were motor drifting slowly along just to have a bigger boat zip up past them close and then stop and fish right in front of them. The little boat about tipped over. Was a little scarey seeing that.

On the good side I saw people helping each other net fish and giving good advice when someone was not catching and that advice turned into fish and smiles for those that weren't doing so well. I myself helped an older gentleman net two fish and I gave him some power eggs since he did not have any. He came fishing because he heard it was good fishing, but had no bait. He was there when I got there and he had someone give him some pink power eggs and when he caught his first fish it tore up his bait. He politely asked if I had any extra and I happily gave him some orange power eggs. In less than five minutes he had his second fish. I netted it for him and he was all smiles and thankful. He tried asking how he could repay me. I told him honestly watching his reaction and happiness catching those fish was all the payment I would ever want. It was just so cool to see him happy.:)

Fishing is all about having fun with friends and family. Also meeting new people and making new friends is a huge bonus. One gentleman I accidentally cast over with my daughters pole said it was all good and we would straighten it out when someone got a fish and when my daughter hooked her fish and he reeled up I went to apologize and he was all smiles saying no problem and we introduced ourselves to each other and now look forward to talking more when we see each other on the lake.

If you cannot be courteous and polite please stay home, we are all there to catch some real nice fish and have a good time.

Tight lines and good times to all on the water.

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

RE:Fishing and Being Patient

Post by Amx » Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:19 pm

Ya, Sun. had some dufus cut in front of my boat and fished the dock 2 docks ahead of me. I can REALLY HATE fishing on weekends sometimes. I wasn't catching anything there anyway, but really wanted to fish a dock up aways, but I wasn't going to let him see me fish it, so I left after a couple more docks.
Last edited by Amx on Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tom.

Interests: living

ruthven78
Commander

RE:Fishing and Being Patient

Post by ruthven78 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:23 pm

that is the whole reason I prefer to fish lakes with a no wake rule. On Williams (Spokane) people would leave the no wake area and gun the throttle to get to the other side of the lake, or wherever they were going, zipping right by me and other people in john boats subjecting us to their massive wakes. A few times I had to quickly put my pole down and grab the oars to point us into the wakes in fear they would capsize us if hit from the side. It is not like the lake is that narrow they couldnt have gone more over to the side nobody was fishing on and go slower so you arent causing people to ride their 4 foot wakes...they werent pulling a tube or skier.
Owner, Bakercraft Lures - http://www.bakercraftlures.com/