300lb. Black Lake Sturgeon! WHAT?

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
fishnislife
Admiral

300lb. Black Lake Sturgeon! WHAT?

Post by fishnislife » Sat Jul 28, 2007 10:10 am

NO WAY!, a 7ft long 300lb stugeon said to be at least 50 years old, was found floating in Black Lake a couple days ago.
Do Black Lake fisherman have something else to fish for know?
Could there be more?
Here is the news video and article.
http://www.nwcn.com/statenews/washingto ... eaee1.html

fishnislife
Fish, Baits, Tournaments & BBQ's, Scenic Pictures, Hunting and World Record Pix:
http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c176/fishnislife/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

shawn
Commander

RE:300lb. Black Lake Sturgeon! WHAT?

Post by shawn » Sat Jul 28, 2007 10:19 am

Talk about a trip I seen the same thing on the news.Did you see the tail hanging out of the back of the game wardens truck.Imagine if you were out for a day on the lake and that monster started stripping your.Atleast you can dream.:-"
"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing."Edmund Burke

http://s295.photobucket.com/albums/mm15 ... %20Season/

Mblake
Petty Officer

Post by Mblake » Sun Jul 29, 2007 3:09 am

Dang that's huge. I think it's funny that it was "disposed of in an undisclosed location"

beerman1981
Commander

Post by beerman1981 » Sun Jul 29, 2007 11:58 am

You never know where those big beasts will show up! A few weeks back a 4-6 foot sturgeon caught in rotary lake in Yakima. For those of you unfamilier with rotary lake, it is a very small lake -- A lake where you would never guess a sturgeon would be lurking (maybe 20 acres). Here is the article that was in the news paper. It's pretty interesting and exciting, so it is worth the read. http://www.yakimaherald.com/page/dis/9455654604682
As the paper points out, this is kind of a freak occurance, and the fish was most likely dumped there years ago. It just goes to show, you never know where these things will be.

Joe
Remember two things, love Washington and leave only your footprints behind!

Proverb
Warrant Officer

Post by Proverb » Sun Jul 29, 2007 1:45 pm

There was a sturgeon in rotary? My hometown is yakima and I fished that just a month ago for bass and trout. That's crazy.

beerman1981
Commander

Post by beerman1981 » Sun Jul 29, 2007 11:56 pm

Proverb wrote:There was a sturgeon in rotary? My hometown is yakima and I fished that just a month ago for bass and trout. That's crazy.
Yep bro, I would not have believed it if I had not read it in the Yakima Herald Republic. All I can say is "dang."
Remember two things, love Washington and leave only your footprints behind!

bigastrout
Commander

Post by bigastrout » Mon Jul 30, 2007 4:31 pm

Has anyone seen pictures of that sturgeon from Rotary?
Read The Reg's And Pick Up Someones Trash Since They Can't