Opening day!

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
Bruce Nelson
Petty Officer

RE:Opening day!

Post by Bruce Nelson » Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:26 am

I'm taking the family and friends to Blue Lake. Sure, there are a lot of people but I truly believe not as many as when I was a kid.

Teal101
Warrant Officer

Post by Teal101 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:29 am

First year I'll be skipping the annual Wapato Lake opener trip. Just not feelin it.

Rob G.
Warrant Officer

Post by Rob G. » Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:58 am

Dustin07 wrote:its a day that people can mark on their calendar almost like a holiday, gives it some extra fun for a lot of people I think. Yeah you can go any day of the year, but for a lot of people I think there is some non-fishing related excitement involved, like the day after thanksgiving and superbowl sunday. There's a number of events at different lakes too. Good for them for getting out, even if it's their only day of the year.
Amen! Somtimes people don't have the time and energy to put into beeing an advanced angler, but they enjoy fishing. Plus I know for me, I have 4 boys, and it's nice to take them out where you know it's guaranteed non stop action. I like going out on opening day, and when I see people young and old getting frustrated, I give them some advice and watch them catch fish.....If its not your thing to go on opening day, why even respond? Let the guys who enjoy it have their fun!
I'm going to Wildernss...they have a derby, and my office staff volunteers to clean fish, and show kids how to clean fish. Its pretty cool...

jens
Commodore

Post by jens » Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:53 am

Opening day to me I hear laughter of children. I see smiles. I see lots of fish being caught. I am taking my almost 2 year old daughter to a small lake. I know she'll just want to splash in the water and get dirty, and she probably won't even remember going.

I will though :bigsmurf:
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
"One more......."

BentRod
Admiral

Post by BentRod » Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:04 am

jens wrote:Opening day to me I hear laughter of children. I see smiles. I see lots of fish being caught. I am taking my almost 2 year old daughter to a small lake. I know she'll just want to splash in the water and get dirty, and she probably won't even remember going.

[thumbsup]

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:23 pm

Lake Washington .Trolling for cutties and bassing.If I get real energetic I will go to Campbell lake.
When youre up to your rear end in alligators,its hard to remember that the initial plan was to drain the swamp.

gpc
Admiral

Post by gpc » Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:43 pm

jens wrote:Opening day to me I hear laughter of children. I see smiles. I see lots of fish being caught. I am taking my almost 2 year old daughter to a small lake. I know she'll just want to splash in the water and get dirty, and she probably won't even remember going.

Nicely put brotha.

It looks like this year I will venture out into the chaos. Last year I did a year round lake, still slamed. The year before I tried to ditch the crowds and decided to do the Cowlitz, lets just say no ditching of the crowds was accomplished. So its been 3 opening days since I did the Opening Day thang. Oh yeah, Mineral is NUTS on the last saturday of April.

02bluestang
Angler

Post by 02bluestang » Sat Apr 24, 2010 4:01 am

I will be skipping the opener...hit blackmans (snohomish) on Thursday without much luck.

Will be trying Storm in Monroe on Monday morning and see how that does.

to the OP can you give a report on Erie when you go up and come back. Im interested to see how it fishes with 2500 TRBs being planted and how the water quality is. Thinking I might fish that this year as well as getting out on Pass and Lone for some decent sized rainbows.

Matt
Admiral

Post by Matt » Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:32 am

02bluestang wrote:I will be skipping the opener...hit blackmans (snohomish) on Thursday without much luck.

Will be trying Storm in Monroe on Monday morning and see how that does.
If you are fishing in that area Roesiger has been pumping out steady limits. Just FYI :cheers:

Good Luck!

MP
"When I grow up I want to be,
One of the harvesters of the sea.
I think before my days are done,
I want to be a fisherman."

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:24 pm

WOW - 53 reports posted today. That's got to be some kind of a record. Keep em coming! :cheers:

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".