whackin' a Muskie on Lake Tapps

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
Big Smooth
Petty Officer

RE:whackin' a Muskie on Lake Tapps

Post by Big Smooth » Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:17 am

Thanks for the info. Hoep to see you'll out there.

Steve
I like it when I can call it Catching!

Denman
Petty Officer

Post by Denman » Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:19 am

RaMcVey wrote:
Denman wrote:Rich, they don't drop it enough nowadays to form the original lakes, but when Church Lake is completely dry, Tule Lake is still there. It's a small lake in the southern most part of Church that maintains water through the winter...but don't see that much anymore. Tapps has had a bad rep. for years that it's just a reservoir and not really a sport lake. But since the Muskies were planted, it's gotten better reviews. People used to dump garbage, yard waste and back in the sixties, septic tank drain off went in there too. Since then, it's cleaned up pretty good, but now and then you see garbage floating around. I'm not sure if there are regs posted at the park concerning Muskie retention, but there should be for the weekend fishermen that don't get out much.
Yes, at the county park there are Musky 50inch signs as well as SM and LM Bass limit/slot signs right at the launch.
I'll have to stop by Allen Yorke to see if there are any over there. That launch gets alot of biz. RICH..let's hook up next week. I have Tuesday thru Thursday off. I might hit area 11 on Tuesday, I don't know yet.

cobrar543
Lieutenant

Post by cobrar543 » Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:05 pm

What a great Idea, Im putting a note pad and pen in the boat and I try to ALWAYS to have the camera with me...Who do I call or send in the idiots too?

Rich McVey
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Rich McVey » Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:50 pm

Denman wrote:RICH..let's hook up next week. I have Tuesday thru Thursday off. I might hit area 11 on Tuesday, I don't know yet.
Lets shoot for Wednesday, Were headed out of town Friday so Thursday is a packing, duckies in a row kind of day.

returnofthefish
Captain

Post by returnofthefish » Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:48 pm

- Cobrar

You can report poachers at a toll free number. It's 1-877-933-9847.
You can also submit poachers online. Check out -
http://wdfw.wa.gov/enforcement/reportin ... tions.html
Catch and Release Wild Trout
Catch and Release Wild Women