Personal opinion on Fishing in WA..

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
YellowBear
Captain

RE:Personal opinion on Fishing in WA..

Post by YellowBear » Wed May 20, 2009 1:17 pm

ameluke, I agree 100% with what you are saying.
The lakes should be managed with natural reproduction, (IMHO).
I have heard the same lines from the WDFW about the Trout being the most popular fish.
Look at the forums on any multi species site.
You will find that Bass seem to draw the biggest numbers of topics and discussions.
I think we should be looking into forage, structure and water quality insted of hybrids.
YellowBear
Life member N.A.F.C.
Angling Masters international
Good luck and be safe

Dave
Commodore

RE:Personal opinion on Fishing in WA..

Post by Dave » Fri May 22, 2009 8:44 am

Interesting reading and a good topic. I personally would love to see the WDFW stock all our lakes with fertile fish (trout in lakes that mainly hold trout, and warm water species in lakes that primarily hold warm water species) and keep all the lakes closed for a year or so to allow the fish to just naturally do what they do and actually become acclimated. I love to fish, in fact I live to fish, but I would be very willing to not fish in our lakes for a year or longer if it helped our lakes get back on a more natural track. I struggle with the fact that our lakes receive a plant of 10 inch trout and a month later the lakes open and the majority of these planted fish are harvested. I would love to see these plants have a chance to actually acclimate in our lakes for an extended period of time and not get slayed in the top 5 feet of water just weeks after the plant. Just my two cents.