Baker Lake

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
Toni
Sponsor
Sponsor

Re: Baker Lake

Post by Toni » Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:20 am

How often do they put fish in?
Look for Wannafish A Lure on FaceBook
He said, “Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some.” When they did, they were unable to haul the net in because of the large number of fish.

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:25 pm

Don't know, as of 7/3 it's 2, 528. Opens 7/10.

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

natetreat
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by natetreat » Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:18 pm

the third weekend this month will be the best. Just predicting. By the end of the month it will be full.

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:46 am

natetreat wrote:the third weekend this month will be the best. Just predicting. By the end of the month it will be full.
My vacation starts 7/22. Guess where JoAnn and I will be? Hope to see lot's of WL.com anglers with nets out. :cheers:

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

Dave
Commodore

Post by Dave » Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:06 pm

Can't wait for the opener. We should be at the lake by 4am to launch with the masses. Hope the bite is on at first light!

EAmon ___hoffman123
Lieutenant

Post by EAmon ___hoffman123 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:13 am

They got 2,617 fish trapped to day and have delivered 1,931 to the lake, Its gonna be fun fishin good luck for everyone tommorow!
There are some achievements which are never done in the presence of those who hear of them. Catching salmon is one, and working all night is another.
Anthony Trollope

Racer
Warrant Officer

Post by Racer » Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:30 pm

I'm gonna have to wait till I go for aweek camping on the 29th. Doing tons of overtime at work right now. Good luck to all that go.

rseas
Commander

Post by rseas » Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:54 pm

Geeze, a crazy year. I dont think that Camp Rseas is going to make it up to Baker Lake before July 24th or 25th. Oh well the boat and gear are all ready to go so maybe we'll be able to squeeze in a last minute outing somewhere along the line. That said good luck to all and if you have any questions feel free to get ahold of me.
Last edited by rseas on Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.

natetreat
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by natetreat » Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:05 pm

I'm excited. I should be able to sneak away a few times in the next weeks. It will be interesting to see how it does if anyone fishes it early. Rseas, you hit it early last year, did they hang out in the lower part of the lake or scoot straight up to the creek?

rseas
Commander

Post by rseas » Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:27 pm

From the very start we found an area up at the far east end where the fish were staging and had consistent fishing (they would even hit a fly thrown from my 7 weight...). We also caught a ton of fish in the main lake but our go-to was the unpopulated east end. The early fish are incrediblely bright, hard fighting and often put on an aerial display before they make it to the net.

bassplayer17
Lieutenant

Post by bassplayer17 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:51 pm

rseas wrote:Geeze, a crazy year. I dont think that Camp Rseas is going to make it up to Baker Lake before July 24th or 25th. Oh well the boat and gear are all ready to go so maybe we'll be able to squeeze in a last minute outing somewhere along the line. That said good luck to all and if you have any questions feel free to get ahold of me.
Ok im putting Karen on notice I will stop by your house tie you up drag you out of the house put you in your boat at baker!!!!!!!.I feel for you bud. do you even remember what a fishin pole feels like. Well once again I will put your name on my spare seat in my boat this weekend at baker ill let you know how much fun you had =D>
Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught....

fear_no_fish
Captain

Post by fear_no_fish » Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:48 pm

Alright guys so my buddy and me are planning to head up in a few days when things get rolling but neither of us have been.
So is there anything we should watch out for? I've caught sockeye from other places so i'm not worried about that. I heard there are trees underwater though?
And how far do you typically have to go to find fish, like distance away from the launch? We only have a 10 footer to work with hopefully we can get away with staying close. I know the typical follow the boats that follow the fish.
What are the launches on the lake even and the cost to launch?
Are there any spots you can drive up to and camp for free that have a launch or are close to one? Well the boat fits in his truck bed so we dont really need a launch. Any info would be greatly appreciated though.
Im still trying to figure everything out but you guys seem to have the baker lake thing going and can help me.

fishindude
Warrant Officer

Post by fishindude » Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:08 pm

Baker lake boating info
http://wdfw.wa.gov/fishing/salmon/socke ... oaters.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There are some free sites first come first served and other places off of the road. Last year I launched at Swift creek and boated up the lake to our campsite (really a pullout on baker lake rd.) Tied the boat off next to the campsite so I didn't have to deal with the launch everyday. From my understanding, you can camp just about anywhere on the Nat'l forest roads or boat in somewhere.

Kulshan is the most southern boat ramp and would be a long ride up to the popular fishing grounds (past the dog leg). I would suggest launching near or at swift creek as that would put you alot closer. Shannon cr. boat launch is for registered campers only.

There was a bunch of floating logs and debris up on the northern end of the lake (last year). Not sure if it is like that every year or not.

Racer
Warrant Officer

Post by Racer » Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:39 pm

There tends to be wood floating in the lake all the time. Just depends on the wind as to where you will run into it. Last year I thought I was fishing in a log yard for awhile. Swift Creek would be the best launch for your small boat. You will only need to run about 1/2 mile to get to the good fishing spots.

I'll be camping at Panorama from 7/29 - 8/4, If your up there then look me up at lot 10 and I'll help you out.

fear_no_fish
Captain

Post by fear_no_fish » Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:13 pm

Thanks for the info, that covers what i need pretty much. The hardest part of everything will be getting down riggers onto his little plastic boat haha
Racer - if we are up there we will swing through. Help on a new fishing location is always a plus! Thanks for the offer either way though.
We are looking at a sunday to monday overnighter at the end of the month, since that seems to be the peak of everything

Dave
Commodore

Post by Dave » Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:28 pm

Thanks to PSE for delivering these amazing fish to Baker Lake. Very fun to watch this happen.
Attachments
0711130934a (Medium).jpg
0711130934a (Medium).jpg (46.61 KiB) Viewed 2136 times
0711130935a (Medium).jpg
0711130935a (Medium).jpg (61.57 KiB) Viewed 2136 times

sickbayer
Commodore

Post by sickbayer » Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:30 am

cool, now I just need a WL'er to take me there fishing!

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:53 am

Oh stop your sniveling, we got a weekend or two to go. Boat is all licensed up and ready to go.
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!

sickbayer
Commodore

Post by sickbayer » Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:00 am

ha ha mate get back to work.

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:04 am

Nose to the grid stone! Scab is getting pretty big, need some on the water time!
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!