rabit fur lures

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
Henry
Petty Officer

rabit fur lures

Post by Henry » Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:54 pm

has enyone ever used a rabit fur lure or seen anyone who was using one I would like to know how it work my grandfather gave me one today and I would like to know how good it works

gpc
Admiral

RE:rabit fur lures

Post by gpc » Mon Aug 06, 2007 11:31 pm

Im not sure if I have seen one or not. But I wouldnt worry about the material as much as I would worry about the color. What type of lure is it? What color?

GJorgy
Warrant Officer

Post by GJorgy » Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:35 am

I've used what are called "Bunny Strip" jigs. I like the 1/4 oz size. A strip of rabbit fur is tied onto the shank starting at the jig head. The strip moves great in the water when its moved. Can't go wrong with a black or brown jig.
George Patton:"Live for something rather than die for nothing."

Bigbass Dez
Admiral

Post by Bigbass Dez » Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:56 am

Hey There Henry , I only have a few spinnerbaits with rabbitt hait .. From what i have been told by older bass fishermen is that when spinnerbait bait first hit the market , all of them had rabbit hair and guys use too really enjoy using them .. so as the story goes bait shops couldn't keep these spinners on the shelf due to the high demand for them, and once the word got around that every bass fisherman wanted these baits they finally started making the "rubber skirts" which was faster to make and bait manufactors could distribute them at a quicker rate ... However the oldtimers still felt that the rabbit hair out produced the rubber skirts .. when i have fish with them the only advantage i could see was that when you retreive in a stop and start technic the rabbit hair would give a off a pulsation type movement were as the rubber couldn't .. my advise is too find some and field test it , and see how it compares to what your already catching fish on and report back too us your results ... BBD ....:-"
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dobyns Rods
http://www.dobynsrods.com/

Panic Minnow
http://density-tackle.com/

3 Rivers marine
3riversmarine.com

B.A.S.S member
F.L.W. member
T.B.F member

Official WashingtonLakes.com Video Consultant