Bonneville Dam Sturgeon Fishing from Bank spots

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
dualt3
Angler

Bonneville Dam Sturgeon Fishing from Bank spots

Post by dualt3 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:20 pm

Anyone kind enough to share good bank fishing spots for Sturgeon for this Saturday around Bonneville Dam ???

Thank you in advance.

Jacob
Warrant Officer

RE:Bonneville Dam Sturgeon Fishing from Bank spots

Post by Jacob » Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:31 pm

i have seen people catch them from the point off of the end of the marina barrier at bingen before, there is also a spot 5 or 6 miles west of bingen that i seen a few caught a couple weeks ago but i do not know how to get there, if you can get a map that shows the bottom contour of the river we have been catching them in small channels that are around 100 feet deep.

wolverine
Captain

Post by wolverine » Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:48 pm

Lots of spots to fish there but its tough to land a fish from shore as its heavy current. If you have gear that will handle 14-18 oz of lead you can fish anywhere along Hamilton Island. Steelhead and salmon gear won't cut it.
Life's short - fish hard!

Jacob
Warrant Officer

Post by Jacob » Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:56 pm

oh, i did not read your question good enough. i do not know any spots below the dam but if you fish in the pool there is hardly any current at this time

dualt3
Angler

Post by dualt3 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:28 pm

Thank you guys, and i suppose i dont care if i can fish above the dam or bellow the dam, its my first sturgeon expedition with few buddies and just hanging out day. So even above dam if there are banks anyone willing to share :) :)