Rufus Pics

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
gpc
Admiral

RE:Rufus Pics

Post by gpc » Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:42 pm

Nice fish Bodo and nice boats too by the way. We didnt get anything close to 13lbs or 7 for that matter (our biggest was 5.5 and half the fish were 4lb - 5.5lb) but a 3lb trout was small. That was our first trout fishing trip that we were bumbed to reel in a 3lb trout lol. Most other trips a 3lb trought might be the biggest of the weekend. There was a 22lber caught there a few weeks back too. WOW. Do you mind sharing what you guys were using?
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

A9
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by A9 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:46 pm

I like the boats!!! and the fish too...
Don't chase reports...Be the report others chase....

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:12 pm

OK OK, First off we caught a bunch of smaller ones we turned loose. Not much water comming out of the dam. Just enough to side drift so that's what we did. Boondogled a regular steelhead setup. 3/4 oz lead on a slip and 6 foot leader with corkies and yarn. #1 and 4 hooks and fresh roe. Didn't have to pull a single fish out of the water for release. Yarn is awsome for keeping the hooks in the lips. Fresh roe, fresh roe, fresh roe and tipped the bottom hook with about a 1/4 crawler.

Talked to a guy on the bank who was boondogling along the shore and he picked up his two. Again fresh roe.
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!

gpc
Admiral

Post by gpc » Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:20 pm

Bodofish wrote:OK OK, First off we caught a bunch of smaller ones we turned loose. Not much water comming out of the dam. Just enough to side drift so that's what we did. Boondogled a regular steelhead setup. 3/4 oz lead on a slip and 6 foot leader with corkies and yarn. #1 and 4 hooks and fresh roe. Didn't have to pull a single fish out of the water for release. Yarn is awsome for keeping the hooks in the lips. Fresh roe, fresh roe, fresh roe and tipped the bottom hook with about a 1/4 crawler.

Talked to a guy on the bank who was boondogling along the shore and he picked up his two. Again fresh roe.

Cool thanks Bodo. I am going back on feb. 15th I will have to keep that in mind.

gpc
Admiral

Post by gpc » Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:27 pm

Hey Bodo, did you fish the 1st set of net pens? If so do you remember what the depth was around that area? It was really getting at me the entire time we were there. I tried using a small cripled herring and when I wipped that thig out there I could tell it got pretty deep, but other spots seemed pretty shallow. Thanks

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:37 pm

I saw the new netpens up the lake but there didn't seem to be any fish in them. Brand spankin new and no support structures for feeding and what not. So I guess my answer would have to be the one and only net pens. The ratty looking old things. We fished down stream from them as that's where we could get some decent water. Right at the pens it's 40 to 70 feet deep. Just down stream you can get close enough to get the right depth. It turns out it was 25 to 30 feet. I have a good sonar and live and fish by it. marked lots of fish in that range. Could be different tomorrow. Find the fish then fish for them.
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!

Cruzer
Angler

Post by Cruzer » Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:49 pm

Sam- Have you ever tried the Rufus triploids for eating? These things are as pink as can be and some of the best tasting fish I have ever had cooked or smoked.[/quote]

I agree with you!!o:)
Attachments
tn_IMG_1180.JPG
tn_IMG_1180.JPG (51.89 KiB) Viewed 1177 times
tn_IMG_1181.JPG
tn_IMG_1181.JPG (50.44 KiB) Viewed 1177 times

Big D

Post by Big D » Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:44 pm

Way to keep an old thread alive.

RW always seems to produce great fishing adventures.
It does look like there might be some competition for the fish soon.
With the new pen systems I think the accidental releases of thousands of Triploids is going to become a thing of the past.

The Competition:

New Pen System:
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bragging may not bring happiness, but no man having caught a large fish goes home through an alley.
Fair Winds & Following Seas.
Big D

Dustin07
Commodore

Post by Dustin07 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:50 am

bodo, why am I not surprised to see Swede took big fish that day? good to see he's out and active, haven't heard that name in a while.

cool pics too. that day looks cold, you guys are die hards, nice work!!

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:57 am

It's a couple years old.