Eastern WA, Kettle falls area rivers and creeks???

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
Livin4Fishin
Petty Officer

Eastern WA, Kettle falls area rivers and creeks???

Post by Livin4Fishin » Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:51 pm

I will be heading over the the in-laws property next month near kettle falls. I am looking for some nice streams and rivers to do some fishing. Anyone have any spots they might point me too. Name of river and directions to access it would be great. I plan on fishing for shore and would like to go for trout. Brown, Rainbow or ?? makes no difference. Thanks all!!
Have a son and you'll have a fishin partner for life.

Anglinarcher
Admiral

RE:Eastern WA, Kettle falls area rivers and creeks???

Post by Anglinarcher » Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:47 am

Livin4Fishin wrote:I will be heading over the the in-laws property next month near kettle falls. I am looking for some nice streams and rivers to do some fishing. Anyone have any spots they might point me too. Name of river and directions to access it would be great. I plan on fishing for shore and would like to go for trout. Brown, Rainbow or ?? makes no difference. Thanks all!!
The area can be tough to locate public streams or rivers. I have a private stretch available to me, and it has some monster Browns in it, so sometimes you just need to ask.

For public fishing, check out the Kettle River upstream of Barstow. I think it has some special rules on it but I always just fly fish C&R it so I don't follow the changes. The trout are not big, but they can be plentiful in the 10 to 16" range.
Too much water, so many fish, too little time.

Livin4Fishin
Petty Officer

RE:Eastern WA, Kettle falls area rivers and creeks???

Post by Livin4Fishin » Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:44 am

On topic from the previous reply.... Is there anyone in this area that may be willing to possibly grant me access on their private stretch of land to access a nice river fishery to do some fly fishing. I know its a long shot but its worth it. I am very respectfull of the environment and privacy (you wont be allowing some A** on your property) of all fisheries and will ensure you won't even know I was there. If not, no worries. I will find something while i am up there. Have a good one all!
Have a son and you'll have a fishin partner for life.