Shore/Dock Fishing near Leavenworth?

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
boogie96
Angler

Shore/Dock Fishing near Leavenworth?

Post by boogie96 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:45 am

I’m going to be going over to Leavenworth this weekend for a wedding at the Thousand Trails resort (where I’ll also be staying as a guest). I’m curious what my fishing opportunities are. I know that Fish Lake and Lake Wenatchee are close by, but I won’t have a ton of time so I’m not bring my pontoon or going to rent a boat, so are there any good dock/shore fishing spots on either lake?

The Chiwawa & Wenatchee rivers are close too, but my understanding is that neither of those are open for fishing. Any other suggestions? I can probably realistically travel up to 30 minutes out.

Also, I see on the site map for the Thousand Trails place that there is a small lake/pond called Alpine Trout Lake on the property. Anybody familiar with this resort know if it’s open for fishing for the guests?

Thanks in advance!

Gringo Pescador

RE:Shore/Dock Fishing near Leavenworth?

Post by Gringo Pescador » Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:27 am

The Cove Resort on fish lake has a fishing dock. Think they charge about $5 to fish it. You can also drive around to the north side of the lake where there is bank access (though the fishing is better from the dock).
I fish not because I regard fishing as being terribly important, but because I suspect that so many of the other concerns of men are equally unimportant, and not nearly so much fun. ~ John Volker

curado
Admiral

RE:Shore/Dock Fishing near Leavenworth?

Post by curado » Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:48 am

cove resort also has boats for rent too 8.00 or 10.00 an hour. but this is what you could hook in this lake. they get a lot of these off the dock. i know where you are exactly yeah the wenatchee is close and the chiwawa is too. fish lake is the best option lake wenatchee is selective gear rule i fish fish lake all the time when i am at my cabin and most the time limit out.
Attachments
random_pics_260_Medium.jpg
random_pics_260_Medium.jpg (75.8 KiB) Viewed 822 times
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If it looks fishy, Then fish it, If it dont look fishy, fish it anyways. <')}}}}><

Team Fish Whore
Twisted Steel Guide Service
EGG GURU