New to Pierce Lakes/Rivers

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
Knox
Petty Officer

New to Pierce Lakes/Rivers

Post by Knox » Sun May 31, 2009 5:22 pm

Hi guys,

I'm fairly new to fishing up here in Washington( stationed here in the U.S. Air Force). I am originally from Oregon, where we fish river's a lot, and had great success with rainbow trout, planter trout, red sides, steelhead, and salmon.

However up here, I've only had minimal luck. So far I have fished,

- Bradley Lake, Puyallup. Right near my Apartment. Had no luck what so ever there yet. Seems its a kid only fishing pond, until June?

- Lake Tapps, Sumner. Well, so far this has been fairly OK. Being without a boat sucks thou, because I know the fish are out there!!. We've caught a few(like 4) small mouth bass so far in the two trips I've made. We were fishing at the North Park docks for awhile, and around the dikes. I dont like the fact that most of this lake has a ton of homes around it, and on weekends its like a zoo, soo many joyriders and jetskies... If someone could help point me to a awesome shore fishing spot on Lake Tapps, that's fairly empty, that would be greatly appreciated!!!. Although, I wish I had a boat.

- Puyallup River. Well, I'm not sure whats in it, but we had no bites the time we went. I'm guessing its empty?

- Ohop Lake. Snag central, Period.

- Clear Lake. ABSOLUTELY no shore access, boats are the only people that can fish. LAME!

What other lakes/river's in pierce are good? I've been looking at Mineral.

The only thing that is disappointing me is alot of these lakes have a ton of houses around them, boat access only, "MEMBERS only" WTF??,Very fustrating. GIVE SOME LOVE TO THE BANK FISHERMEN! :bounce: