Crappie/Bass Fishing on Eloika Lake in Steven's Co

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
spokanebassman
Petty Officer

Crappie/Bass Fishing on Eloika Lake in Steven's Co

Post by spokanebassman » Mon May 11, 2009 9:45 pm

Want to take my 3 yr old son out fishing at Eloika lake in Stevens Co on Friday and heard there is really good crappie fishing there. I really never fished for them before so I need some help in finding the schools and help with baits and techniques please anyone with knowledge I am willing to try!!

EB

Drumdog
Petty Officer

RE:Crappie/Bass Fishing on Eloika Lake in Steven's Co

Post by Drumdog » Tue May 12, 2009 2:45 pm

I haven't fished Eloika in a few years, but back in the day, I would slow troll a beetle spin to locate the school and then start tossing crappie jigs. Hang on when a decent largemouth grabs that jig!

Good luck and I'm really glad to see the new fisherman introduced to the wonderful world of fishin'
If I had to do it over again.....I would have caught a bigger one!