Scootney

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
medic1
Petty Officer

Scootney

Post by medic1 » Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:03 pm

I was out fishing Scootney last Wednesday. Really windy. Picked up a couple of walleye and 3 perch dragging a worm harness with the wind. I do have one question for those that might know. While trolling in 25-30 feet of water I marked a fish every so often at about 12-15, 3 fish total. It didn't look like a school of bait fish, so I was wondering what they were. Trout? Suspended bass? Anyone have any ideas?

sharpshooter223
Warrant Officer

RE:Scootney

Post by sharpshooter223 » Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:50 pm

i didnt think there was trout in there. how much ice was there, or was it all melted by now?

medic1
Petty Officer

Post by medic1 » Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:52 pm

No ice at all. We have had some fairly warm weather in the basin lately. The water temps were 36-38.

sharpshooter223
Warrant Officer

Post by sharpshooter223 » Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:36 pm

do you know how low the water is right now? is it starting to get deeper again?

medic1
Petty Officer

Post by medic1 » Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:14 pm

As far as the depth goes, it was about 30' across the outlet. I have never fished around the inlet, headed up that way and it was real shallow, 2'. I am planning on going up there tomorrow, let me know what specifically you want to know about and I will check it out

rodrob43
Petty Officer

Post by rodrob43 » Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:29 pm

Well Medic1, did you go back to Scootney? Here it is a week later. I have caught SM bass and trout there, always small, but it's been a long time ago. Have you seen the boat launch area? It was pretty rough when I was there. My Aluminum boat takes a lot less water than the old glass boat. Take care, happy fishing!
Here's to cool, clear water with big fish!

rodrob43
Petty Officer

Post by rodrob43 » Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:30 pm

Well Medic1, did you go back to Scootney? Here it is a week later. I have caught SM bass and trout there, always small, but it's been a long time ago. Have you seen the boat launch area? It was pretty rough when I was there. My Aluminum boat takes a lot less water than the old glass boat. Take care, happy fishing! :bom: :bom:
Here's to cool, clear water with big fish!

Jordan
Lieutenant

Post by Jordan » Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:15 pm

hey how has it been there on Scootney? I have always wanted to fish it! What all is in there? I know walleye and perch... but Crappie? Bass? any better ways to fish it?
Ozzie

"Do what you like. Like what you do."

<><

medic1
Petty Officer

Post by medic1 » Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:42 pm

Sorry it took me so long to get back on this. I ended up not making it back out, in fact I have been out of town since I made the last post. Sorry guys. I might get out this week and I will let you know.