Banks lake and Perch

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
Kris K.
Angler

Banks lake and Perch

Post by Kris K. » Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:07 pm

Banks Lake, I could use some help. I have perched all my life and am going to Banks lake in early April 2009. The last time I was there was about 1980. What I am looking for is areas they hank out or school frequently. Not asking for any honey holes, just good area's to fish. Would save me lots of boat gas rumming around. Thanks and a good day to you on the water.
Kris K.

fishingboy
Commander

RE:Banks lake and Perch

Post by fishingboy » Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:37 am

usally by april the weather wil either thaw out or it may still freeze in early apirl and perch have been dieing down there!
Largemouth:

PB: 6 pounds

2011: 6 Pounds

Smallmouth:

PB: 5 pounds

2011: 4 lbs

G-Man
Admiral

RE:Banks lake and Perch

Post by G-Man » Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:31 am

I usually don't hit up Banks lake to fish for perch, but the last area I pulled perch out of that lake was in the bay on the NW side of Sun Banks resort.