Pend Oreille Winter Fishing

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
parrydog
Petty Officer

Pend Oreille Winter Fishing

Post by parrydog » Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:22 pm

The launch at the rotary park in Oldtown for the Pend Oreille River is still open and I was wondering if anyone ever does much fishing during the winter on the river and what methods and species they have done well with. Of course if it ever warms up and becomes spring I will be targeting the pike, and any tips for those critters is welcome.

kevinb
Rear Admiral One Star

RE:Pend Oreille Winter Fishing

Post by kevinb » Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:00 pm

Might try a PM to tollefs,he fishes here,not sure about the winter though.
Good luck

eustace
Lieutenant

RE:Pend Oreille Winter Fishing

Post by eustace » Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:47 pm

Parrydog, try a dead smelt, ect 4 to 6' under a slip bobber. I know it works well early in the spring and they are using dead fish hooked belly up through the ice at Hayden, the Chain lakes and some of the bays and sloughs of lake CDA in Id. One friend of mine uses only 6'' to 12'' Pike Minnows (Squaw fish) at Long lake (L Spokane) in that fashion and does better than anyone I know on Long.

I have been trying to talk my fishing buddies into doing that out of that launch for the last couple of weeks.

P.S. I am going to try Bead agian tommarow than Little Falls on the Spokane River Sat for the Eyes.

P.P.S. Good Luck
Well its not called Catching!