Need some help to find a good fishing location...

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
tjara03
Petty Officer

Need some help to find a good fishing location...

Post by tjara03 » Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:54 am

OK, heres my dilema. I need to get some fishing in this year, but my wife hates fishing from the dock and boats have been making her sick lately. So i need to find a lake near Spokane that has some nice spots to fish from other than docks. Just a place where we can sit under a tree or something and fish from the beach. I appreciate the help all! We are not originally from here so any help it appreciated! I hope to hear from you all soon! Thanks!

-troy

papamike
Petty Officer

RE:Need some help to find a good fishing location...

Post by papamike » Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:11 am

If you dont mind a little walk West medical has some nice trees on the west side of the lake and towards the north end of the trees there are some good spots to fish.

tjara03
Petty Officer

Post by tjara03 » Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:23 am

Nice, thanks for the quick reply... Yeah I was actually planning on scouting W. Medical today after work. I never been there before so i hope i can find it, but I will check out that area. Thanks!

Gisteppo
Commodore

Post by Gisteppo » Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:12 pm

What do you like to fish for? Also, do you like to hike?

What type of boat are you in?

These things matter.

E

tjara03
Petty Officer

Post by tjara03 » Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:04 pm

I like to fish for whatever, mostly trout and bass... I am an amateur so my variety is limited to my knowledge... Were not going in a boat, it makes the wife sick (hopefully this subsides soon!) And we enjoy hiking also! Thanks!

tjara03
Petty Officer

Post by tjara03 » Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:28 am

Well we went out to W. Medical on Saturday for most of the day. It was slow until around 7. Then we were getting bites on after another like crazy! We went home with a 14'' rainbow and a 12'' rainbow. We would like to have stayed later but we didnt want to walk the trail all the way back to the parking lot, and we did know what time it closed either.

Anyways, we would like to try again this weekend. Does any one have any other suggestions of a nice place to fish off the beach (would like to stay away from the docks--too many people) around the spokane area?

Thanks!!!

kevinb
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by kevinb » Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:39 am

Gisteppo's backyard? :clown:

Gisteppo
Commodore

Post by Gisteppo » Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:25 am

Hah, gonna have between 75 and 100 people over for a little shindig saturday. Fishing here is gonna suck....

Check out the shore fishing at the confluence of the Little spokane and the lake. Also the rocks out near Tumtum. Both are good long lake spots to shore fish.

E

tjara03
Petty Officer

Post by tjara03 » Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:41 am

Gisteppo wrote:Hah, gonna have between 75 and 100 people over for a little shindig saturday. Fishing here is gonna suck....

Check out the shore fishing at the confluence of the Little spokane and the lake. Also the rocks out near Tumtum. Both are good long lake spots to shore fish.

E
I read about Little Spokane and the Lake... Sounds nice. Could you please give me some more info on how to get to this particular location? Thanks so much for your replies!!

Gisteppo
Commodore

Post by Gisteppo » Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:47 am

Take Francis out of town, which turns into hwy 291. Drive until you see water. Fish water. If no fish, get back in car, continue in the same direction you were going. When you see water, stop. Fish water. Rinse, Repeat.

There are probably 10 places along 291 to stop and fish, including turnouts, parks, boat launches, beaches, and places that are public land or right-of-way for utilities. Id probably drive just past the Charles road bridge, take the 2nd left to the State park boat launch, then head out on one of the trails. Lots of fish frequent the area such as trout, carp, peamouth, largescale, smallmouth bass, crappie, and occasionally perch. Next spot is about 10 miles up the road in Tumtum, there is a turnout about a mile west of town, past the really tight twisties. Good riprap fishing out there for smallies.

E

tjara03
Petty Officer

Post by tjara03 » Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:29 am

Gisteppo wrote:Take Francis out of town, which turns into hwy 291. Drive until you see water. Fish water. If no fish, get back in car, continue in the same direction you were going. When you see water, stop. Fish water. Rinse, Repeat.

There are probably 10 places along 291 to stop and fish, including turnouts, parks, boat launches, beaches, and places that are public land or right-of-way for utilities. Id probably drive just past the Charles road bridge, take the 2nd left to the State park boat launch, then head out on one of the trails. Lots of fish frequent the area such as trout, carp, peamouth, largescale, smallmouth bass, crappie, and occasionally perch. Next spot is about 10 miles up the road in Tumtum, there is a turnout about a mile west of town, past the really tight twisties. Good riprap fishing out there for smallies.

E

You've been more than helpful! Again, thanks, I will be out there this weekend and i will let ya know how we did!

Thanks!