looking for shore fishing areas

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
mjphillips79
Angler

looking for shore fishing areas

Post by mjphillips79 » Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:27 pm

I just moved here from El Paso, TX and NEED to go fish. I've checked out a few lakes but the only access seems to be from boat ramps. Been to Black, Hicks, and Long. Only caught fish at Black. I grew up in the South so I don't know anything about trout/salmon. Help a soldier out, please!

swifty
Angler

RE:looking for shore fishing areas

Post by swifty » Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:06 pm

If your stationed at Fort Lewis try American Lake. There's several access points on Fort Lewis or you could find Bill's Boathouse on American Lake north of Fort Lewis. You can fish off their dock, (they can help you out with the trout fishing) or rent a boat and do some bass fishing. Good Luck! and Thank You for your service to our country.

fishaholictaz
Admiral

Post by fishaholictaz » Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:58 pm

If you go to Black Offut lake is a little farther S and they have a resort with a dock to fish from and boats also. I will be fishing there Sunday and tomorrow I may be there Monday and Tuesday also. I would be glad to show you some things for trout and point you toward some bass if you could make it down here:cheers:

Send me a pm if interested,

TAZ
A fisherman= A JERK ON ONE END OF A FISHING POLE WAITING FOR A JERK ON THE OTHER!!
Hello, my name is Tim and I am addicted to fishing!
Coming to you from Wyoming!!!
Photo bucket

samm3
Angler

Post by samm3 » Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:33 pm

I've seen a lot of shore access at (i've seen people park on orville road and walk to the shore)lake kapowsin, a bit at spanaway lake from spanaway lake park, i think Ohop lake has some decent access along orville road as well. If you want to travel a bit you can get shore access at lake washington at numerous places.