Lake Roosevelt

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
bel83
Petty Officer

Lake Roosevelt

Post by bel83 » Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:13 am

Hey everyone!

So I am going to be spending a weekend on lake Roosevelt near Lincoln washington around July 11th. Most of this time will be spent either on the beach or on a skii boat (or on my little raft near the beach) My question is has anyone fished this area? are there any target species I can reall shoot for from shore or close to shore or would I be wasting my time? Thanks!
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, Teach a man to Fish and he will Drink for a lifetime."

Bigbass Dez
Admiral

RE:Lake Roosevelt

Post by Bigbass Dez » Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:28 am

If Your fishing for bass , the bite is on .. Spend alot on time on points and rip-rap shorelines ... i suggest footballheads and dropshots .. you shouldn't have any problem catching about 30 + fish per day ... have fun ..BBD

Dobyns Rods
http://www.dobynsrods.com/

Panic Minnow
http://density-tackle.com/

3 Rivers marine
3riversmarine.com

B.A.S.S member
F.L.W. member
T.B.F member

Official WashingtonLakes.com Video Consultant

kevinb
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by kevinb » Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:04 am

Don't forget wallys...

spadam98
Petty Officer

Post by spadam98 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:14 am

I live 10 minutes from Lake Roosevelt and mainly target Walleye and all that i do is use a size 6 bait hook 1/2 oz egg sinker a swivle with around 12-18 inch leader with a nightcrawler just cast it out let it sit on the bottom and enjoy the sun this also works on the smallmouth down by kellers ferry good luck and have fun

bel83
Petty Officer

Post by bel83 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:23 am

Thanks for the good info everyone! Is the entire lake fairly similar in habitat and species available? I have only been to the area I am going to this time once and to the Dam once but I have never fished the lake so am uncertain if where I am at along its length makes a difference. I will be sure to bring some Night crawlers with me and hopefully I can pull in 1 or 2 fish for dinner each day and C and R many many many more (without any bait of course ;)
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, Teach a man to Fish and he will Drink for a lifetime."

FishingFool
Captain

Post by FishingFool » Fri Jun 20, 2008 5:37 pm

Just got back from camping at Bank's Lake. We stopped by Roosevelt right above Coulee Dam for an hr or so. Fishing from the shore. Just left of the boat launch. We caught several small bass and a trout there. Didnt see anything large follow or jump.