Best way to fish Medical lake...??

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
Gotcha
Petty Officer

Best way to fish Medical lake...??

Post by Gotcha » Thu May 22, 2008 8:19 pm

So, for all you other guys who fish Spokane county lakes, what is the best way to fish Medical lake? Banks or boats? The other day I went out and just went off the bank and I did alright with a few bass. Now, this was before I read the gear restrictions so I was using "illegal" tackle (rubber worm and barbed hook). Now I've got some new single barbless hook tackle that I want to try but I don't know how well they would do from the banks considering the weeds.

Anyone got anything for me?
"Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do." -John Wooden

Anglinarcher
Admiral

RE:Best way to fish Medical lake...??

Post by Anglinarcher » Fri May 23, 2008 12:03 pm

Gotcha wrote:So, for all you other guys who fish Spokane county lakes, what is the best way to fish Medical lake? Banks or boats? The other day I went out and just went off the bank and I did alright with a few bass. Now, this was before I read the gear restrictions so I was using "illegal" tackle (rubber worm and barbed hook). Now I've got some new single barbless hook tackle that I want to try but I don't know how well they would do from the banks considering the weeds.

Anyone got anything for me?
Fishing for Bass at Medical is no different than any other lake. If you can get shore access to good cover, than you will do ok. For the best Bass fishing, you need a boat, tube, or toon.

I usually use a floating device, but I do fish from shore often enough to say the best way to fish is "with a rod and reel".:-"

Now, as for the weeds, you can rig a rubber worm Texas style, with a normal worm hook, and just bend or grind the barb. If you do this, you need to use a scent free rubber worm (I still have some old ones that are Scent free).

Use an overhead style spinner bait, they are single hook, can have the barb bent or ground, and they are fairly weed free.

Or you can use....................... so many ways, so very many ways. Try these two and get back with us in the Bass Forum; there are a lot who can/will answer your question.
Too much water, so many fish, too little time.

Gotcha
Petty Officer

Post by Gotcha » Fri May 23, 2008 4:23 pm

Ahh... rod and reel... got it :salut: . Anyway, thanks for the info.

I'll find some time to bring the wife and kid out this weekend and I'll get back to ya'.
Last edited by Anonymous on Fri May 23, 2008 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do." -John Wooden

bustin
Warrant Officer

Post by bustin » Sun May 25, 2008 11:25 pm

I never realized there are bass in Medical I have only caught and released trout.

ruthven78
Commander

Post by ruthven78 » Mon May 26, 2008 12:12 am

Are you sure you werent at West Medical?
Owner, Bakercraft Lures - http://www.bakercraftlures.com/