Fish lake ice fishing

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
viet
Petty Officer

Fish lake ice fishing

Post by viet » Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:35 pm

Anyone know if fish lake (up by lake wenatchee, leavenworth) is safe for ice fishing? i heard a couple months back that it wasnt. then heard some reports of people doing alright.
there's nothing better than standing on the side of a lake or river knowing that only a handful of people have stood in that exact spot and witness the beauty of mother nature first hand.

bootyscratcher
Angler

RE:Fish lake ice fishing

Post by bootyscratcher » Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:17 am

I was just on the web cam site for fish lake and one report said it was good ice this week. I will be heading over on Friday and camping until Sunday hopefully the perch gods will be with me.

axelfisher
Angler

Post by axelfisher » Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:21 pm

I was there 3 weeks ago and there was 20 inches of ice and a 1 1/2 ft. of snow on top. Plenty for a safe trip! Good luck we used powerbait in the cove and caught trout but several guys were getting lots of perch on the other side. Have fun!

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:33 pm

A friend of mine went to check out Fish Lake on Sunday and the ice was 2 feet thick.Lots of guys fishing.
When youre up to your rear end in alligators,its hard to remember that the initial plan was to drain the swamp.

viet
Petty Officer

Post by viet » Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:45 pm

sweet! i'm gonna head out there next weekend then. Thanks guys:cheers:
there's nothing better than standing on the side of a lake or river knowing that only a handful of people have stood in that exact spot and witness the beauty of mother nature first hand.