Ashland lakes near Granite falls/Verlot??

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Ashland lakes near Granite falls/Verlot??

Post by The Quadfather » Sat May 08, 2010 3:44 pm

Anybody ever been into the very short boardwalk hike to Upper and Lower Ashland lakes near Verlot, past Granite falls?
We are going to take a little Mother's day picnic action up to that lake. It's hardly an alpine lake, so I didn't post it there.
2 lakes and a beaver pond. I saw an opportunity to do the Mother's day picnic...... while slipping in the fly rod to the picnic basket..:-"
"Honey Badger don't care.. Honey Badger don't give a ....."

4r7wHMg5Yjg

drysuperfly52
Commander

Re: Ashland lakes near Granite falls/Verlot??

Post by drysuperfly52 » Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:40 pm

Did you make it up to lower ashland ? I am debating trying it out tomorrow is the weather doesn't get too wet. I hear that boardwalk walk trail can be treacherous when wet.
Yes i am 6'8", NO i didn't play basketball in school

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by The Quadfather » Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:29 pm

DrySuperfly,
Funny that you resurrected this thread today.
I just got back in the door from this same area you are asking about. No, I never made the trip to Ashland lake. Can't say what it is like. I did though go today to Independance lake, next to Coal lake, in the same area. Coal has plenty of small brookies, as usual. Independance lake is not what it was in 1980, lol. I single 8" rainbow, nothing else.
Consider Boardman lake up there. It has been part of the WDFW (high-lakes) stocking program for some time.

drysuperfly52
Commander

Post by drysuperfly52 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:25 am

I will check them out, we ended up hiking to heather lake instead Saturday morning. I couldn't get any takers at the lake itself, but while doing the lake loop. There was a pond on the north side (very shallow and muddy) i saw a fish rise, squeezed a cast off and got a fat 11" cutt and missed another strike on a small white wolley bugger. too bad time is running out for the alpine lakes.
Yes i am 6'8", NO i didn't play basketball in school

jonb
Commander

Post by jonb » Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:40 am

Subalpine is year roumd, way bigger fish too.
hi my name is john, and I'm a fishing addict.