Where are the American Lake (Tacoma) smallies??

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
cajunlat
Angler

Where are the American Lake (Tacoma) smallies??

Post by cajunlat » Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:00 pm

American Lake has become my primary fishing lake and although I've fished there about 6 times, I'm having an extremely difficult time finding/catching smallmouth bass.
I've fished the north in deep waters (30ft) and shallow waters using dropshots, crankbaits, seinko's, and spinnerbaits.
I've fished the two big humps in the north end.
I've fished the drop off along edge next the VA Hospital.
I've hit all the main lake points.
I've fished the docks in the north and next to the marina.
I've found balls of bait fish on my electronics in random deep areas and still no luck.
Best I've managed is a few small ones and one 4-5 pounder next to the VA Hospital.

Any advice on how to pattern the smallies and/or best lures to use on American Lake???

Frustrated..... [confused]

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Re: Where are the American Lake (Tacoma) smallies??

Post by Amx » Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:00 pm

Same as any lake, they move around. Try letting the dropshot, jig, carolina rig sit there for a full minute. The past couple days and today they wanted it sitting for 15 to 30 seconds, even longer a time or 2. Use scent.
Tom.

Interests: living