Bank fishing around Spokane

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
dwh4784
Petty Officer

Bank fishing around Spokane

Post by dwh4784 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:25 am

What other lakes besides West Medical have decent public access and a chance to catch some fish around here? My 3 year old is just getting into fishing, we hammered on them a few weeks back on the Tucannon lakes but I don't want to drive 3 hours just to fish. My grandparents are down there so I have always grown up fishing that area, but never spent much time up here (where I actually live) trout fishing. Are Bear Lake or Fish Lake worth anything? Both appear to be kid/family friendly.

I may try WM just because of all the big ones they are going to be putting in there for Father's Day. I'm just picturing it extremely crowded and people have a tendency to leave garbage everywhere there. They are also getting some big ones in Williams and Diamond but I don't really want to go stand elbow to elbow with folks on the resort docks. I'm looking at getting a boat, sold my bass boat years ago when family stuff started happening now I guess the cycle is coming back around. :fish:

T-Bone
Petty Officer

Re: Bank fishing around Spokane

Post by T-Bone » Sun Jun 21, 2015 3:09 pm

http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index ... 902.0.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

W.Medical is still probably your best bet; bring ice for the fish and a couple of plastic grocery bags for the Litter Pigs…I do.

Fish Lake has a similar litter problem, too. However, some hiking can minimalize it.

Lake Roosevelt is great shore fishing option; once the water comes up.

Tom

dwh4784
Petty Officer

Re: Bank fishing around Spokane

Post by dwh4784 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:52 am

We did try WM on Saturday, got a few one being very nice sized and it surprisingly wasn't too crowded. Went to Bear yesterday and while it was a nice day didn't catch anything. I did have one bass hit on a popper, but the kid was more interested in the playground toys than fishing poles. I'll try Fish lake sometime probably.