potholes boat launches

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
juggalo
Petty Officer

potholes boat launches

Post by juggalo » Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:38 pm

i'm lucky enough to be going to potholes tomorrow and am hoping to find a launch closer than the state park to the sand dunes due to the size of my boat.any help would be very much apreciated,thanks guys

fishslayer80
Petty Officer

Re: potholes boat launches

Post by fishslayer80 » Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:59 am

Straight across from the State park there is a boat launch off perch point.

Gringo Pescador

Re: potholes boat launches

Post by Gringo Pescador » Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:14 pm

A little late in replying but with the water drawn down as far as it is right now the dunes (or what I know as the dunes) aren't really that far away from the park. When we went a couple weeks ago we were dropping lines just on the north side of Frenchman's and hitting fish right away.

Are you talking about running up Crab Creek? If so then maybe Lind Coulee might be closer but I think it is about the same distance.
I fish not because I regard fishing as being terribly important, but because I suspect that so many of the other concerns of men are equally unimportant, and not nearly so much fun. ~ John Volker