Ronald Bog

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
HULI_ISDA
Petty Officer

Ronald Bog

Post by HULI_ISDA » Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:30 pm

OK i tried fishing in this lake/pond in shoreline area,i took my lil boy for fun fishing this morning.since i dont wanna bring a 2 year old somewhere crowded. i spotted this pond for a while now and keep wondering if there is any fish in there, so i finally able to try it today.its very quite when we get there and did more casting than fishing plus logs and plastics are my best biter for the day.it looks so promising.does anybody fish here before and actually caught any fish?on my experience it was a long morning,but my son had so much fun tryng to catch thos geese.i'll give it a try again next time once i get a current report on this pond. have a good fishing everyone.

natetreat
Rear Admiral One Star

RE:Ronald Bog

Post by natetreat » Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:47 pm

It has carp, bass and pumpkin seed sunfish in it. The carp congregate over by the outlet in the deeper water, pumkinseed respond readily to a bobber and worms fished in the shallower far side of the lake and the bass are trickier and spread throughout the shoreline in the cover. I've had luck fishing it with senkos from my inflatable raft, with other baits not doing very well. There are nutria rats and turtles in there too, and my wife loves this pond for the pumkin seeds which are voracious feeders and keep her busy while I bass fish.

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by The Quadfather » Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:50 pm

Realizing you are new to the website... go under lake reports,, look under county. You can look up all the lakes in your area, and read the reports. I'll try and link you to it.. http://washingtonlakes.com/CountyIndex.aspx
Last edited by The Quadfather on Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Honey Badger don't care.. Honey Badger don't give a ....."

4r7wHMg5Yjg

HULI_ISDA
Petty Officer

Post by HULI_ISDA » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:40 pm

ey thanks again.I'm learning a lot on this site.

hhc1482
Petty Officer

Re: Ronald Bog

Post by hhc1482 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:51 pm

Didn't want to start a new thread since this one existed, Sorry to trudge up an old one from 2011.

I just got back from a trip to Ronald Bog Park in the late afternoon close to sunset, plant vegetation surrounds the pond with very few access points from the shore. Mainly 3 openings from the front of the lake just past the parking lot. I noticed there are access points across the pond but that may be private property. A few homeless people have made this park their home so tread carefully, particularly in the bushes to the left of the lake, heard some people mumbling back there. Casting is a bit of a pain here since there are a lot of low hanging trees and plant life all around.

Overall this lake looks like it has a lot of potential, unfortunately like many of the lakes and ponds in Seattle, the shore is very shallow, there's also some pipes that lead into the lake, that I assume are for sewage.

This pond resembles some of the fishing spots I fished back east in NY. I noticed a few carp breaching the top of the water as they circled the pond. I tried using bread scrunched up into a ball and fishing that way(no luck), noticed a few small hits from the bobbler, there were evidence that people here use corn as they left some trash on the edges of the shore.

I'll be back at this lake some time next week to see what I can use to catch some carp. Back east, we used bread, dough and sometimes even bagels. I used to fish for carp by sight, since we used bait that floated to the top, we could visually see carp attack the bait and run off.

Just thought I'd share some info.

hhc1482
Petty Officer

Post by hhc1482 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:54 pm

Came to fish for carp, lost the battle...

Arrived at the park around noon, noticed a couple seated by the bench on the right. Decided to give them their privacy and walked towards the edge of the lake on the left. Cast out a few times, even tried to lure them with a few pieces of corn. Spend 2 hours in the sun and nothing to show for it. Finally decided to call it quits when a group of children perhaps on a field trip? took over the wooden structure.

Decided before I left, I'd throw the jig around a bit to see if I could catch any panfish. Caught a baby bass which I promptly returned to the lake. Overall, a little bummed that the carp hasn't been easy to hook but I suppose that's always the challenge of fishing. Things got better as I decided to give Green Lake a shot on my way back home. Caught a ton of small bass, which was amusing to say the least.

Attaching some pictures of the lake and my monster catch!

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by The Quadfather » Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:05 pm

Glad to see the largemouth. Thanks for the thread.