Lake Wenatchee

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Re: Lake Wenatchee

Post by Mike Carey » Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:13 pm

stryker17 wrote:Sounds good after 2 days at Brewster with only one fish and temps at 100 + just to hot for me........How long before they shut it down...... do you think..........doctors apts most of the first part of the week, may try it after that........... Also do you have to go up to Plain to get to the lake from Levanworth ? Thanks
That's toasty all right. I came from the west so don't know. I doubt they will shut it down with 60,000 fish predicted for the lake. I think the fish will dictate when the season ends. I heard rumor the limit may get bumped to 10 a day.

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

ncwflounderer
Lieutenant

Post by ncwflounderer » Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:31 pm

hwy 2 is now open, no longer have to travel through Plain if traveling from the east
Eat, sleep, fish

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:29 am

thanks for the update.

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

hewesbob
Lieutenant

Post by hewesbob » Sun Aug 03, 2014 5:16 am

The last few days have been very slow fishing for most folks. A few folks apparently know some tricks and are doing OK but most of us are struggling for 1 to 2 fish per day. Friday at 4:30pm the fish checker had counted 50 sockeye from 150 boats. Saturday we didn't go out, I heard from a few people that the rangers closed the gate to the park around noon so they could get control over the people already in the park as in parking and the limited space boat ramp. At about 4:00 a thunder storm came in, I bet watching the show at the boat ramp would have been some thing to see. Its now Sunday morning and we are waiting to see what this storm does before we decide to give it a try. We have had heavy rain and lightening since 4:am.

ncwflounderer
Lieutenant

Post by ncwflounderer » Sun Aug 03, 2014 3:10 pm

Thanks for the update. I am hoping to take a kid fishing up there one day this upcoming week, I hope fishing improves.
Eat, sleep, fish

kokanee1
Petty Officer

Post by kokanee1 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:53 am

My guess is that we will get to fish lake Wenatchee thru Labor Day. Highway 2 is open now were the fire are but at a reduced speed. Fish are still very active early but can be caught later as well. I'll be back out Friday and Saturday after this weather front settles down along with the wind.