Northwest Fishing TV show

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
ramrod
Angler

Northwest Fishing TV show

Post by ramrod » Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:15 am

Well it looks like another Northwest Fishing TV show has been removed from the air.
The best of “Fishing the West” ran on the Fox Sports Northwest channel for quite a long time but has now been take’ in off. I emailed their web site and they told me they had no plans to put it back on the air any time soon. They also said that the show was not available on DVD either. So I guess another one bites the dust.
I’m glad I got about 47 of these shows burned to DVD before they pulled the plug on them.
Hawg Quest seems to be the only Northwest Fishing show still being aired and I hope they stay around awhile.
I was going through some of my old VHS tapes and I found about 8 hours of a show from 1991 called “Fishing illustrated Northwest”. It was a cool show where they would have local fishing experts come in to their studio and demonstrate fishing techniques. I recall one of the guest was Dick Johnson of Kingston Tackle fame. I managed to get all of these programs edited down to two DVD’s.
The TV show that I would love to find, but it remains a mystery is the “Outdoors Sportsman” that stared Jim Conway. I would like to find out who holds the rights to these old films and push for them to release these to DVD.
Does anyone remember these old shows ?
Does anyone remember some other Northwest Fishing shows ?

Don

Pacific Northwest Fishing Golden Years

Last edited by Anonymous on Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rthr_B_Fishn
Petty Officer

RE:Northwest Fishing TV show

Post by Rthr_B_Fishn » Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:20 pm

hey ramrod i know your problbly as busy as i am but if someone bought the extra cd's and spotted you for your time could you burn a set of those? just curious, its a shame that Poker is considered a sport and rebuilding cars has taken over the television! im getting tired of watching hunting shows to get some "outdoors on tv".

Rthr_B_Fishn
Petty Officer

Post by Rthr_B_Fishn » Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:22 pm

grrr cut off that post befor i could say thanks in advace and all that :) sorry bout that.

lskiles
Commander

Post by lskiles » Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:21 pm

ramrod wrote: I was going through some of my old VHS tapes and I found about 8 hours of a show from 1991 called “Fishing illustrated Northwest”. It was a cool show where they would have local fishing experts come in to their studio and demonstrate fishing techniques. I recall one of the guest was Dick Johnson of Kingston Tackle fame. I managed to get all of these programs edited down to two DVD’s.
I went to your website...WOW. That is really cool. I would also like to have a copy of those “Fishing Illustrated Northwest” DVDs if it would not violate any copy right laws. PM me with a cost if possible. I have been looking for some video on different techniques.

Thanks for your time. What a great website...79 cents for a fly reel!!!

Lewis
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

littleriver
Commander

Post by littleriver » Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:48 pm

Have never seen that particular show but, given all the interest in sport fishing in this state it's always sort of surprised me that there isn't more television fare that caters to our interest.

Hopefully the reason is that we spend so much time out fishing that we don't have any for sitting around and watching TV shows.
Fish doesn't smell "fishy" because it's fish. Fish smells "fishy" when it's rotten.

DH
Petty Officer

Post by DH » Fri Dec 07, 2007 4:21 pm

I remember that show. I remember Jim's labored breathing and chuckle always coming through the audio. A show where they fished out of Yes Bay Ak. got me motivated to get to Alaska to fish. Best fishing I ever had that left me with two years of salmon, halibut and yelloweye in the freezer and my son with a 55# King. Contact someone at STS magazine. They might have info about old Oregon based outdoor TV show. Good luck. DH