lake question

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
superdown
Angler

lake question

Post by superdown » Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:20 am

I just picked up a new (to me) boat and motor and i live really close to wild waves/enchanted park and was wondering what the closest lake i could take a gas engine out on ? hopefully closer than lake tapps.

G-Man
Admiral

Re: lake question

Post by G-Man » Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:36 am

Depends upon what you want to do and the size of your boat. I had thought that Star allowed internal combustion motors, however according to the King County Lake sitehttp://www.kingcounty.gov/environment/w ... ounty.aspx, its does not. If your boat isn't a car topper, your are most likely going have to hit Tapps, Angle, Sawyer or American.

superdown
Angler

Post by superdown » Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:45 am

It's a 12' starcraft jon boat just want to test out the motor mostly. does angle charge for launching ?

G-Man
Admiral

Post by G-Man » Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:14 pm

I can't remember, it's been some time since I last used it. There was a thread on the construction taking place at the park. If I remember, the launch was to remain open during the renovation of the park and construction was to be completed this month. I'm betting someone on this board can let you know if it is a pay to play launch.

gfakkema
Commander

Post by gfakkema » Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:20 pm

Last edited by gfakkema on Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Founding member of P.I.N.K. (Pink Idiots Need Killing), for the prevention of IDIOT pink salmon "anglers" everywhere!

CanoeingIt
Angler

Post by CanoeingIt » Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:27 am

I was at Angle Lake yesterday and only saw one boat out on the water, and no one on the public dock... I suspect the park maybe closed? My son and I caught lots of red eyes and a couple pumpkinseeds of my parents dock.

superdown
Angler

Post by superdown » Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:20 am

thanks for the info guys I appreciate it looks like my dad and i are headed to des moines to do a little crabbing :)

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by The Quadfather » Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:38 am

superdown wrote:thanks for the info guys I appreciate it looks like my dad and i are headed to des moines to do a little crabbing :)

Hope u are talking about after the crab season actually opens,,,

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:35 pm

What about Steel Lake in Fed Way? I don't know too much about it. I did some work near it.

superdown
Angler

Post by superdown » Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:44 am

The Quadfather wrote:
superdown wrote:thanks for the info guys I appreciate it looks like my dad and i are headed to des moines to do a little crabbing :)

Hope u are talking about after the crab season actually opens,,,
#-o yeah i reread the the regs and went out to meridian instead and caught four a 7in,10in,12in and a 15 1/4 in.

gfakkema
Commander

Post by gfakkema » Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:51 am

Founding member of P.I.N.K. (Pink Idiots Need Killing), for the prevention of IDIOT pink salmon "anglers" everywhere!