Angle Lake

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
TBear_fishin
Petty Officer

Angle Lake

Post by TBear_fishin » Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:50 pm

FYI- Angle Lake Park has restrictions currently in force. Construction on improvements have been started and only the boat launch may be used. The end date of construction is some time in May, so those of us who require use of the dock for fishing access are out of luck. [sad]

Dan Boone
Lieutenant

Re: Angle Lake

Post by Dan Boone » Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:25 pm

Of course they couldn't have started in November,that would have been way too convenient.

Jake Dogfish
Commander

Post by Jake Dogfish » Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:24 am

Thanks for the post. I saw the headline on the Des Moines paper but didn't get a chance to read the article.

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:02 pm

With budget cuts hitting everywhere you might want to add a few months on the completion time. Im already seeing cutbacks in military spending. I didnt think this was gonna happen so quick. Sounds like the Govt means serious business on this sequester cutbacks.

TBear_fishin
Petty Officer

Post by TBear_fishin » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:38 am

Here is a good one...they allow you to launch, but good luck parking your rig & trailer!
Just sayin...

jd39
Commander

Post by jd39 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:39 pm

Will have to go check it out, I love to fish Angle and was going to get started there soon. Will the parking lot not be available at all?

They may just be leaving the ramp open for the few people that live on the lake that pull their boats out to go elsewhere but need the launch to put it back in Angle/dock it at their home.

What a bummer...

jd39
Commander

Post by jd39 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:57 pm

I called and left a message with the director of SeaTac Parks to understand if we launch there can we park out rigs. Will let you all know what I find out if I get a call back. Thanks for the heads up on this.

jd39
Commander

Post by jd39 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:04 pm

The director got back to me in less than 5 minutes, have to admit I didn't expect that and was pleasantly surprised. There will be limited space to park rigs and the lake will be stocked as usual by the state. Tight lines all, hope to see you on the lake!

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:17 pm

I havent fished it in years. Are there piny rays in the lake ie bass crappie perch? I know there aree trout. Thanks it is a nice lake and 15 mins away for me.

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:07 pm

Well it used to have bass as well as the put and take rainbows and it was stocked with Kokes at one point, don't know how it went or if they're still doing it.
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!

jd39
Commander

Post by jd39 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:35 pm

There's some good sized perch in there, rock bass, LMB and I've heard SMB but have never seen or caught one. No crappie to my knowledge. The best part of this lake is the 8 mph speed limit, while other lakes are overrun with speed freaks during the summer this lake stays nice and calm. I need to find more lakes like this.

The put and take rainbows are best from mid-May thru June (at least they were last year), smack dab in the middle of this construction this year.

Dan Boone
Lieutenant

Post by Dan Boone » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:41 pm

Bodofish wrote:Well it used to have bass as well as the put and take rainbows and it was stocked with Kokes at one point, don't know how it went or if they're still doing it.
I'm pretty sure the kokanee are still in there. I think I read a report or 2 for them on angle last year.

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:49 am

yes, planted trout, kokanee, bass (although I've fished it twice for bass with zero success).

I have video footage, may have to get it published soon since there is interest. Parking is OK if you come first thing in the morning (I believe the gate opens at 7am). Ramp is narrow and meant for smaller boats, under 16' I would say. If you arrive later in the day you're dealing with park visitors and the place can get pretty crowded. It's a nice park.

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

fishingbear
Angler

Post by fishingbear » Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:14 am

I just went to Angle to check it out and there is no parking spots open in the park. All of the parking spots are fenced off for construction.

gfakkema
Commander

Post by gfakkema » Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:47 pm

Last edited by gfakkema on Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Founding member of P.I.N.K. (Pink Idiots Need Killing), for the prevention of IDIOT pink salmon "anglers" everywhere!

bkawafishin
Petty Officer

Post by bkawafishin » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:50 am

This stinks. I like to fish from the dock end of april-may while before I tie up for summer run steelhead. Lake was close to me, and it was always fun hammering those kokes from the dock all day....grr...

gfakkema
Commander

Post by gfakkema » Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:00 am

Last edited by gfakkema on Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Founding member of P.I.N.K. (Pink Idiots Need Killing), for the prevention of IDIOT pink salmon "anglers" everywhere!

TBear_fishin
Petty Officer

Post by TBear_fishin » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:02 pm

I as well do not understand why the dock was not included in the fishing access allowed. Perhaps if we ask the question of the proper person(s) and or construction company we can get some answers. I do not know why the spray park was such a priority especially when the swimming area is available. Prob because SeaTac Parks director Kit Ledbetter deemed it necessary.

Gringo Pescador

Post by Gringo Pescador » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:15 pm

I haven't bumped it in a long while, but this is still for sale.. :-"
http://www.washingtonlakes.com/forum/vi ... =9&t=16482
I fish not because I regard fishing as being terribly important, but because I suspect that so many of the other concerns of men are equally unimportant, and not nearly so much fun. ~ John Volker

gfakkema
Commander

Post by gfakkema » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:18 pm

Last edited by gfakkema on Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.