Pilchuck Creek

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
BassSlayer1981
Petty Officer

Pilchuck Creek

Post by BassSlayer1981 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:02 pm

Anybody know the rules on this creek? I can't find anything in the wdfw rules book. Fishing for trout. what type of hooks are allowed? Whats a good spot or areas on this creek? I live in snohomish and have never fished it. Any help would be great. thanks

gfakkema
Commander

Re: Pilchuck Creek

Post by gfakkema » Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:12 pm

Last edited by gfakkema on Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Founding member of P.I.N.K. (Pink Idiots Need Killing), for the prevention of IDIOT pink salmon "anglers" everywhere!

Dan Boone
Lieutenant

Post by Dan Boone » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:34 pm

Steelhead are the main attraction there, although there are also some cutts. However, as I understand, it is not a consistant producer.

primetime
Commander

Post by primetime » Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:46 am

Beautiful place to fish. Long stretches bank fishing. Not a great producer but there is still some there and would suggest to fish it

BassSlayer1981
Petty Officer

Post by BassSlayer1981 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:26 pm

thanks for the info. Man I don't know where to start on this creek? If anybody knows of a good spot on the creek in snohomish please share! thanks!

Steelheadin360
Commodore

Post by Steelheadin360 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:05 am

gfakkema wrote:Not familiar with the area, but I believe that this is what you are looking for.
From page 41 of WDFW rule book...
PILCHUCK CREEK (Snohomish Co.)
(Stillaguamish system) from mouth to
I think he is refering to pilchuck river in the snohomish system.

Pilchuck opens Dec. 1- Jan 31st for Trout over 14" daily limit 2. and its only open from the mouth to 500' downstream of the deversion dam.

Latitude: 48.0181559
Longitude: -121.906238 There is the dam, just copy and paste into google maps.

There is the park by riteaid in town that you can get to the river at. and if the water is right you can pretty much walk to the mouth from there. Most of the easy acsess is up by machias, there is some public parking areas and if you have a pair of waders you can walk most of the river if the water isnt up. i think there is a few places to get to the river up by granite falls.

When i have walked the river in the past i just grab my 7' ultra light and a box of spinners and maybe a small rapala or two and work them thru the holes. a couple of eggs on a single egg hook can be deadly. tight lines!

BassSlayer1981
Petty Officer

Post by BassSlayer1981 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:01 pm

thanks for the info guys.

BassSlayer1981
Petty Officer

Post by BassSlayer1981 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:43 am

went to check out the pilchuck river yesterday for trout. I dont get the rules. "open from the mouth to 500' downstream of the deversion dam" Does that mean its open from the mouth area only. Or 5oo' from the dam down? That dam is way the hell up there in granite. i have seen people in the past fish it right in snohomish. Iam confused. I just want to fish it in snohomish or near it. i mean 500' is nothin really. Found plenty of good spots but i have never fished it so iam not sure. Everybody I ask does not know. wish there was a highlighted map any info would be great thanks.

Dan Boone
Lieutenant

Post by Dan Boone » Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:44 pm

BassSlayer1981 wrote:went to check out the pilchuck river yesterday for trout. I dont get the rules. "open from the mouth to 500' downstream of the deversion dam" Does that mean its open from the mouth area only. Or 5oo' from the dam down? That dam is way the hell up there in granite. i have seen people in the past fish it right in snohomish. Iam confused. I just want to fish it in snohomish or near it. i mean 500' is nothin really. Found plenty of good spots but i have never fished it so iam not sure. Everybody I ask does not know. wish there was a highlighted map any info would be great thanks.
I'm not exactly certain where the the dam is, but granite falls I think it is around granite falls somewhere. Anyway, it is open from the mouth all the way up to just below(500 ft.) the dam. So you'll be good fishing around Snohomish.

btw-this is the Pilchuck River, not to be confused with Pilchuck Creek, which drains into the Stilly

BassSlayer1981
Petty Officer

Post by BassSlayer1981 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:16 pm

cool. thanks for the info. I was a bit confused on the rule. Did not want to start fishing then get busted. Yes the pilchuck river. I made a typo when I started the thread. Thanks again.