Good spots to fish from the shore on the Eastside

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
Boeingfisher2706
Petty Officer

Good spots to fish from the shore on the Eastside

Post by Boeingfisher2706 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:13 am

Hi all,
I live in Bellevue and haven't gone fishing this year. I will be starting to go though this weekend! Iahve everything I need but I dont own a boat nor do I want one for this year. So I am asking where is the best place to fish from the shore or from a pier. I am willing to go as far north as Woodinville, as far west as Seattle and as far south as Renton. Please help

Regards,
Jordan

Gringo Pescador

Re: Good spots to fish from the shore on the Eastside

Post by Gringo Pescador » Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:18 am

Boeingfisher2706 wrote:Hi all,
I live in Bellevue and haven't gone fishing this year. I will be starting to go though this weekend! Iahve everything I need but I dont own a boat nor do I want one for this year. So I am asking where is the best place to fish from the shore or from a pier. I am willing to go as far north as Woodinville, as far west as Seattle and as far south as Renton. Please help

Regards,
Jordan
Hmmm your handle is Boeingfisher, Woodinville is north of you, Renton South and Seattle west... could you be in eastgate? 8-[

I would start with Coulon and other parks around Lake Washington..
I fish not because I regard fishing as being terribly important, but because I suspect that so many of the other concerns of men are equally unimportant, and not nearly so much fun. ~ John Volker

Boeingfisher2706
Petty Officer

Post by Boeingfisher2706 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:23 am

Yes I live in Cougar Mountain so pretty close to eastgate

Gringo Pescador

Post by Gringo Pescador » Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:08 pm

Boeingfisher2706 wrote:Yes I live in Cougar Mountain so pretty close to eastgate
Check out reports for Pine and Beaver Lakes up in Samammish, they would be close to you as well.
I fish not because I regard fishing as being terribly important, but because I suspect that so many of the other concerns of men are equally unimportant, and not nearly so much fun. ~ John Volker

oneshot
Commodore

Post by oneshot » Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:19 pm

Gringo Pescador wrote:
Pine and Beaver Lakes up in Samammish, they would be close to you as well.
my vote [thumbup]

Boeingfisher2706
Petty Officer

Post by Boeingfisher2706 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:10 pm

[quote="Gringo Pescador
I would start with Coulon and other parks around Lake Washington..[/quote]

What are some other good parks...

I have tried Pine lake and it didn't go well(too many people in the swimming area and on the pier) and I thought there wasn't a pier on Beaver....

I would like maybe Washington and the sound if those could be options...

Regards
Jordan

wingnut1981
Petty Officer

Post by wingnut1981 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:02 pm

No pier on Beaver, but good bank access from the park and the boat launch. I've seen quite a few fish caught off the bank there.