Where can I go to catch a catfish???

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
jtmoore
Angler

Where can I go to catch a catfish???

Post by jtmoore » Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:48 pm

Im looking for a place I can take a 2 day trip to and catch some catfish! I live in Everett! Shoot me a txt if you don't want to spill the secrets on the Internet!;) 425-418-9619! I will gladly trade you for steelhead/salmon info!

TroutSnipr
Commander

Re: Where can I go to catch a catfish???

Post by TroutSnipr » Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:26 am

I've investigated the options of Wet-side catfishing and determined if I do manage to actually catch one it will be less than exciting. The biggest one over here that I have heard was about 4 lb Channel cat taken out of Gissberg ponds in Snohomish county.
There was an article from last year http://nwsportsmanmag.com/2011/10/18/25 ... -wa-lakes/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; to quote:

From the top, the waters include:

Terrell, west of Ferndale, 5,000

Fazon, south of Everson, 500; has been planted 10 times in the past

Campbell, on Fidalgo Island, 4,000; has been planted seven times in the past

Gissberg Ponds/Twin Lakes, in Smokey Point, 500 each; have been planted eight times in the past

Green, in Seattle, 3,500; has been planted seven times in the past

St. Clair, southeast of Lacey, 3,500; first ever planting

Lawrence, south of Yelm, 4,000; first ever planting

Chambers, west of Lacey, 800; has been planted three times in the past

Swofford, southeast of Mossyrock, 2,000

Kress, north of Kalama, 500

You may find cats elsewhere but its mainly going to be bullheads that just don't get that big.

The Eastside is really where its at. The state record cat came out of a really small lake/pond (like maybe 30 acres) that was a reclaimed gravel pit from the I-82 highway construction project I-82 pond #6 http://www.washingtonlakes.com/LakeInfo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... d=8539&t=1 . Other than that you'd be looking at other Eastside lakes or rivers like the Tri-Cities area where nice cats can be taken on the Yakima, Snake, and Columbia rivers.

There was a pretty long thread about this a while ago here http://www.washingtonlakes.com/forum/vi ... =2&t=13812" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Lamiglas G1307/Pflueger Arbor 7435
Berkley A949MH/Pflueger Arbor 7440
Damiki Angel EX S662ML/Pflueger President 6930
Denali Jadewood JS782FR/Pflueger President 6935
Abu Garcia Vendetta VTS706/Pflueger President XT 6730
Quantum EXO-PT/US Reels Hibdon 800