Disabled access

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
srmusaf
Angler

Disabled access

Post by srmusaf » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:48 pm

Hi all, I'm new to Washington and though I'm not able to get around like I used to ( I have to walk with a cane ), I still like to drop a line once in awhile. I'm trying to find where some trout lakes are that have a dock that has easy access. I live in Mason county but if anyone knows of lakes in this area, I would appreciate a heads up. [confused]

returnofthefish
Captain

Re: Disabled access

Post by returnofthefish » Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:11 pm

Go to - http://wdfw.wa.gov/lands/water_access/county/Mason/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It lists access information to each individual water access site when you click on it. Im in Seattle and dont know much about Mason County. Hope this helps.

srmusaf
Angler

Post by srmusaf » Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:10 pm

Thanks for replying. I use this site also and I guess I'm just disgusted with the accessability of the lakes here. Seems like every lake in the county is surrounded by houses and there just isn't a spot for someone who just wants to go to a lake and do some fishing. [cursing]

returnofthefish
Captain

Post by returnofthefish » Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:56 pm

Or check out this page. Click on an individual lake to find out if theres shoreline access. Then use google maps and type in the name, county and state (Island Lake,Mason,WA) to view a map of the lake. If you see a park located at the lake, then switch to satellite view to see if there is a dock at the park. Welcome to Washington and good luck fishing.