Catfishing around Spokane area? WHERE?

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
fisherwomanMeagen
Angler

Catfishing around Spokane area? WHERE?

Post by fisherwomanMeagen » Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:27 pm

My boyfriend I love fishing but are having an issue catching our favorite fish, catfish. Any tips, places around Spokane that are great for catfishing?

Mossy
Lieutenant

RE:Catfishing around Spokane area? WHERE?

Post by Mossy » Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:55 am

everywhere....lot's of bullheads in alot of lakes around here.

Lotech Joe
Commodore

Post by Lotech Joe » Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:52 am

The best areas for channel cats that I've been to or heard about are just below Lower Granite Dam and Lower Monumental Dam on the Snake River. I watched Doug Stange of In Fisherman fishing just below Lower Granite this weekend. (On TV)
Where you go is less important than how you get there.
Fish With A Friend
Lotech Joe

fisherwomanMeagen
Angler

Post by fisherwomanMeagen » Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:38 pm

Thanks! I also heard that Waitts lake is good for catfishing. I guess I need to figure out what bait to use and how to fish them. Any tips?

Nik
Lieutenant

Post by Nik » Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:57 am

Sprague had some monster cats in it before they poisoned it. They netted some big ones and put them back in afterwards so it could be worth a try. Probably not nearly as good as it used to be though.

Marc Martyn
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by Marc Martyn » Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:32 pm

Many years ago, I was up in Sandpoint and there used to be an old pier where the city park is now. I walked out on the pier, looked down around the pilings and there were several very large catfish cruising around on the bottom. I'm sure they are still in the lake. Call one of the sports shops in Sandpoint and ask them where a good place to fish for them would be.
Last edited by Marc Martyn on Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.