where's a good fishing/camping lake to go to in eastern washington

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
samman253
Petty Officer

where's a good fishing/camping lake to go to in eastern washington

Post by samman253 » Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:14 pm

i live in tacoma and i'm trying to find a place to go in eastern washington for labor day weekend, anybody know a good resort or just a lake to go to?

Marc Martyn
Rear Admiral Two Stars

RE:where's a good fishing/camping lake to go to in eastern washington

Post by Marc Martyn » Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:02 pm

If you can still get a site, there are several lakes with resorts on them. The bigger ones around Spokane I think are booked out. Call to comfirm.
If you want a higher lake with good fishing for cutthroats Marshall Lake is a good one. It is N.E. of Newport about 10 miles. The campground and resort facilities are a little rustic. They rent boats, motors & canoes. The lake doesn't have skiers and has a speed limit on it. The Marshall Lake Resort phone # is (509) 447-4158. Look at the lake index (Marshall) and there are pictures of the lake.
Here are a few resorts in N.E. Washington. You can Google either the lake or the resorts because several have web sites:
Deer Lake Resort 509-233-2081
Shore Acres Resort on Loon Lake 509-233-2474
Klink's Resort on Williams Lake (near Spokane) 509-235-2391
Bunker's Resort on Williams Lake 509-235-5212
Mallard Bay Resort on Clear Lake (near Spokane) 509-299-3830
Rainbow Cove Resort on Clear Lake 509-299-3717

Those are just a few, hope that will help.o:)
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

YellowBear
Captain

Post by YellowBear » Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:56 am

You can check with Mardons Resort on Potholes.
Normally things get pretty crazy on the hollidays but this year we have seen fewer visitors than in the past.
If your looking for just a lake to hit, try the seep lakes area South of Potholes.
Lots of water but no Resorts in the seeps. There are a few lakes to camp at but most are walk ins.
You also might check Downs lake South of Sprague.
YellowBear
Life member N.A.F.C.
Angling Masters international
Good luck and be safe

Rosann G
Commander

Post by Rosann G » Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:22 pm

Banks Lake has places on to stay at both ends of the lake. We stayed in Coulee City last summer for a week and had a great time fishing for Walleye and Bass. Most people head up to the north end of the lake so you might have a chance at a room at the two motels in Coulee City and they have a great city park right on the lake that has a campground. The two motels aren't right on the lake but everything is really close there. Gordon or Rosie at Big Wally's can tell you where the good fishing is on the south end, I don't know anything about the north end except that I've heard bass fishing is great up there.
Good luck and have fun. Wish we were going away fishing.:-({|=
Rosann
Ever have a Tiger by the tail? I have!
Aspire to inspire before you expire.

Kris K.
Angler

Post by Kris K. » Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:46 pm

If you are interested in Perch fishing and even Crappie, you should check out Downs lake. Late August and all of Sept are excellent times for Downs lake. There is a small camp ground for rv's and tents. Water and electricity are available for the rv'v, no gray or black water hook ups. I have been going there for two years and have to say I love the place. The regulars that are there almost every weekend are all very nice people. There are 2 families that come from Tacoma at least 2 weekends of each month.
The perch are big and fat, the majority that are kept are above 8 inches and many that are 11 and 12 plus. Check it out right here on Washington lakes.com.
Where ever you go I hope you and yours have a great weekend.

Kris K.

samman253
Petty Officer

Post by samman253 » Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:23 am

thanks for all the information guys, it'll save me alot of time

Easy Limits
Lieutenant

Post by Easy Limits » Wed Aug 29, 2007 7:40 am

Blue Lake Resort, Laurents Sun Village and Sun Lakes State Park are also good options.

samman253
Petty Officer

Post by samman253 » Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:56 am

is moses lake any good?

Rosann G
Commander

Post by Rosann G » Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:53 pm

We've been there a couple times for walleye and it was pretty good. It's been a couple years since we were there so I don't know how it is this year. There is one camping resort that I know of and a big motel/hotel right on the lake that has a dock to tie up your boat at.
Let us know where you go and how you do.
Have fun.:bounce:
Ever have a Tiger by the tail? I have!
Aspire to inspire before you expire.

gpc
Admiral

Post by gpc » Thu Aug 30, 2007 2:49 pm

All of the above resorts are good selections. I have stayed at most of them or at least been to them and checked them out. But Im afraid that they are probably all booked for this weekend. So if I were you I would get on the horn and try to make some sort of reservations. Just a little ways south of you are some options as well. Mineral is good fishing but bad camping, Alder is decent camping but you need a boat to get on fish, tanawax has good fishing and decent camping and there is a handful of lakes with in a short drive Ohop, clear, kapowskin to name a few so you can fish a bunch of different lakes. Also Skate creek is a very pretty area and has some really nice camp spots on the creek for free. If its woods you like the central part of the state isnt what you are looking for, its mostly all desert. Mar Don resort is my favorite place to fish. Also mentioned all the seep lakes, no resorts but enough water to keep you busy for a very, very long time. Also Quincy area is a good bet, I was there memorial weekend and it wasnt packed at all. There is 10 or so lakes to fish w/ a ton of variety of fish, no resort or even a store for about 10 miles, but there is pit toilets and free camping. I have been going to mar don resort for almost 20 years (mar don resort is on potholes reservoir and potholes reservoir and mosses lake connect to each other in a way, and are only 15 miles away) and have only fished mosses lake 1 time. I have heard I am missing out by a few people but potholes reservoir is just awesome. Great for the family too, we have taken many family vacations there. But have a good safe trip and let us know how your weekend goes.

samman253
Petty Officer

Post by samman253 » Tue Sep 04, 2007 12:22 am

just got back from moses lake. we camped at the north outlet by the dam, caught some good size bass and catfish. had a great relaxing trip except for the ride home on labor day, 5 hours to get back to tacoma.
will post up pictures after i get some much needed sleep