Fishing Knots

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
gpc
Admiral

Fishing Knots

Post by gpc » Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:18 pm

I have no idea what I am doing but wanted to share with everyone a good knot site. This is the site I use most often when trying to learn a new knot.

http://www.netknots.com/html/fishing_knots.html

It doesn't have a whole lot of knots but it covers about 2 dozen and is very user friendly.

Another good site that pretty much covers the same knots, but might be easier for some is this site

http://www.animatedknots.com/indexfishing.php

Neither of these sites show how to tie a worm harness or mooching rig set up. But after serching I have found out that you can just tie the 2 egg loops or snells back to back. I prefer the egg loops.
Last edited by Anonymous on Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hewesfisher
Admiral

RE:Fishing Knots

Post by hewesfisher » Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:19 pm

gpc wrote:I have no idea what I am doing but wanted to share with everyone a good knot site. This is the site I use most often when trying to learn a new knot.

It doesn't have a whole lot of knots but it covers about 2 dozen and is very user friendly.
I have the "knot cards" (fishing and boating) in the glove box of my boat. I don't tie a lot of knots, and sometimes it's hard to remember how to tie certain ones. They are worth every penny. :)
Phil

'09 Hewescraft 20' ProV
150hp Merc Optimax
8hp Merc 4-stroke
Raymarine DS600X HD Sounder
Raymarine a78 MultiFunctionDisplay
Raymarine DownVision
Raymarine SideVision
Baystar Hydraulic Steering
Trollmaster Pro II
Traxstech Fishing System
MotorGuide 75# Thrust Wireless Bow Mount

gpc
Admiral

Post by gpc » Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:43 pm

hewesfisher wrote:
gpc wrote:I have no idea what I am doing but wanted to share with everyone a good knot site. This is the site I use most often when trying to learn a new knot.

I have the "knot cards" (fishing and boating) in the glove box of my boat. I don't tie a lot of knots, and sometimes it's hard to remember how to tie certain ones. They are worth every penny. :)
Yes the knot cards will be my next investment. Do you remember where you purchased yours? There are some knots that arnt for everyday use and even though I can tie them now, doesn't mean I will remember how to tie it, when I need it 3 months down the road .

Gamefisher
Petty Officer

Post by Gamefisher » Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:47 pm

I have seem them at Wal-Mart
A bad day of fishing, is better then a good day at work !!!!!!!

smoke14
Petty Officer

Post by smoke14 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:37 am

For people that have iphones I downloaded the pro knot app to my phone, have all the knots and step by step pictures showing how to tie them, comes in handy when I cant remember how to tie a knot.

hewesfisher
Admiral

Post by hewesfisher » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:33 am

gpc wrote:Yes the knot cards will be my next investment. Do you remember where you purchased yours?
Direct from the website. :)
Phil

'09 Hewescraft 20' ProV
150hp Merc Optimax
8hp Merc 4-stroke
Raymarine DS600X HD Sounder
Raymarine a78 MultiFunctionDisplay
Raymarine DownVision
Raymarine SideVision
Baystar Hydraulic Steering
Trollmaster Pro II
Traxstech Fishing System
MotorGuide 75# Thrust Wireless Bow Mount

Rich McVey
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Rich McVey » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:43 am

hewesfisher wrote:
gpc wrote:Yes the knot cards will be my next investment. Do you remember where you purchased yours?
Direct from the website. :)
My 8 year old and I build what we like to call "The Knot Machine" I have 3 different knots tied on each side hanging off of eyelets and 3 large eyelets down the middel you can use to practice with. If I was at home Id upload a pic.

G-Man
Admiral

Post by G-Man » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:52 am

Knot Wars

I saw this on TV a couple of years ago and was impressed with the results. As it documents actual break strength of the various knots in applications that we all use, I found it to be a great resource. After watching the videos, I started to use the leader knot to join my mono or flouro leader to my braided main line.

Rich McVey
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Rich McVey » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:41 am

G-Man wrote:Knot Wars

I saw this on TV a couple of years ago and was impressed with the results. As it documents actual break strength of the various knots in applications that we all use, I found it to be a great resource. After watching the videos, I started to use the leader knot to join my mono or flouro leader to my braided main line.
Saturday Morning, Comcast ch 34 I think. Versus. They still show it durring North American Fishing.
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.