Any tips for Walleye at Banks in 10 days or so??

Warmwater fishing fans
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
dutchman2858
Commander

Any tips for Walleye at Banks in 10 days or so??

Post by dutchman2858 » Wed May 20, 2015 4:37 pm

My son and I will be spending a day at Banks toward the 1st of June. Mostly be chasing bass, but would like to give the walleyes a lick also. We will have one of the Coulee Playground skiffs to run around in, and I'll be packing our trolling motor so we can drag a lure if we want. Any tips on what lures and/or rigs we should try this time of year for the 'eyes'? Thanks much.

Dan360
Petty Officer

Re: Any tips for Walleye at Banks in 10 days or so??

Post by Dan360 » Wed May 20, 2015 9:22 pm

We did pretty well trolling shad raps on the open water side of weed lines. Do a couple passes and if you get a few hits, hover over the area and toss a 3 1/2 to 4 inch chartreuse grub on a jighead. All in 12 to 18 feet of water.
There is certainly something in angling that tends to produce a serenity of the mind. ~Washington Irving

Lee H
Angler

Post by Lee H » Thu May 21, 2015 11:15 am

Across from the playland and to the left a bit there is a large bay. We did pretty well 2 weeks ago trolling slow death rigs with smile blades from the flat near the large point out into the bay 30-45 ft. Also just to the right of the orange can line strait across from the playland there is a nice jigging spot 25fow. 3/8 oz jighead, 3" curlytail and 1/2 nightcrawler. There is a 16" minimum. We caught and released many in the 14-15.5 inch range. Larger ones were at the first spot. Tight lines, Lee

dutchman2858
Commander

Post by dutchman2858 » Thu May 21, 2015 11:28 am

Thanks, Guys: I'll give it a try and report on how we did!

Return to “Walleye and Panfish Sponsored By Mar Don Resort”