Panfish in or around Seattle?

Warmwater fishing fans
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
sakhalin
Angler

Panfish in or around Seattle?

Post by sakhalin » Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:44 pm

Hello,

What are some lakes in or around Seattle that have panfish? Looking for Bluegill/Crappie mostly. I've already been to Larsen Lake in Bellevue. I heard Lake Washington has panfish, but I don't know which areas.

kodacachers
Lieutenant

Re: Panfish in or around Seattle?

Post by kodacachers » Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:28 am

If you are including yellow perch in panfish, Lake Washington and Lake Sammamish are full of them. Seward Park, Kenmore, East Channel, and others on Lake Wa. I'm pretty sure there's an article on the site about Lake Wa perch.

Washington, Lake Union, and the ship canal are supposed to have crappie but I've never fished them.

You can use the fishing reports and select lake and species to pull up reports specific to what you are looking at. Its pretty slick.

MarkFromSea
Admiral

Re: Panfish in or around Seattle?

Post by MarkFromSea » Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:40 am

I have caught crappie over by the Newport Marina area. Sunfish and perch can be found anywhere in Lake WA weedy shallows once the water warms, July-Sept. For me, the perch seem to be asleep in the Spring.
"Fish Hard and Fish Often!"

Return to “Walleye and Panfish Sponsored By Mar Don Resort”