Easy Crappie

Warmwater fishing fans
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Hexnut
Petty Officer

Easy Crappie

Post by Hexnut » Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:15 am

Anyone know some spots on the east side, Beaver etc that can produce good crappie fishing in a few weeks? Kids coming in and I want them to catch something besides a cold...

Hexnut :-&

iPodrodder
Commodore

RE:Easy Crappie

Post by iPodrodder » Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:19 am

No easy crappie around Issaquah. Beaver Lake only has bluegill and perch. Same with Pine Lake. Lake Sammamish may have some, but those are very hard to find this time of year.
Last edited by Anonymous on Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

CK14
Lieutenant

Post by CK14 » Sat Nov 03, 2007 9:34 am

good luck trying to find any "easy crappie" this time of year. best shot would be to make a trip down the silver lake in cowlitz county.

michaelunbewust
Commander

Post by michaelunbewust » Sat Nov 03, 2007 10:08 am

the mardon resort website's weekly report had showed pics of nice crappie caught off the dock. 2 hours 45 minutes from downtown renton!

tnj8222
Admiral

Post by tnj8222 » Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:59 pm

five mile lake in federal way is a good choice. they have a public fishing dock that they bite good off of. i like small jigs either casted and reeled in slow or bobber them near the bottom. it will be mostly crappie and perch biting but you will get some bluegill everynow and then. i like small gitzit jigs and crappie nibels.
Anthony
http://static.photobucket.com/player.sw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... EO0054.mp4
if everyday was a good day there would be alot more fisherman.

VooDuuChild
Warrant Officer

Post by VooDuuChild » Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:39 am

Like previously mentioned, this time of year, there are no easy Crappie. In the Secret Lakes reports, I've posted (with the pics of the kept crappie) about the last three times I went to my Zipperlip spot. First time, I found them, the next two (within that week) nuttin, and then a third time the next week, nuttin. Right now, it's all about the right spot, right time and right presentation, all three together, not just one. Dang it...can't wait for it to warm up...not like the cold is gonna stop me from tryin. That's what it's all about, rain, snow, sun...whatever, I'm down for it.
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
________
[l_,[____],
l---L -[]lllll[]-
()_) ()_)---)_) Jeeps are my other addiction......I need help, no, just more money!!!!

Joe Heater
Warrant Officer

Post by Joe Heater » Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:29 am

If I was going to put kids out in this cold weather fishing I would have them at Rufus Woods just slamming triploids. It's easy fishing right now or at least it was Friday, saturday and Sunday. I don't know where to find the crappies but they have a few in Banks Lake but where they are at this time of the year may be anybodys guess.
I have never met a fish yet that respected a big purchase. You can own a $100 boat or you can own a $30,000 boat. You might be more comfortable, but don't expect any fish to care about your investment.

Joe Heater
Warrant Officer

Post by Joe Heater » Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:36 am

And I hear you on the trying part. I have never seen a Crappie come out of Lake Stevens but I hear they are in there and I have gave it 3 shots this year. Probably going to give it another try on Friday. It's not like Cassidy has been producing anything over 9 inches. At least not for me anyway.
I have never met a fish yet that respected a big purchase. You can own a $100 boat or you can own a $30,000 boat. You might be more comfortable, but don't expect any fish to care about your investment.

Return to “Walleye and Panfish Sponsored By Mar Don Resort”