New to area. Looking for panfish/walleye

Warmwater fishing fans
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
FishingD
Angler

New to area. Looking for panfish/walleye

Post by FishingD » Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:48 am

I just moved to Issaquah all the way from Wisconsin and was hoping someone could give me some tips on where to do some fishing. I would like to primarily fish for panfish and walleye. I also dont have a boat or canoe, so I will be fishing from shore.

Anglinarcher
Admiral

Re: New to area. Looking for panfish/walleye

Post by Anglinarcher » Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:10 pm

I don't know that part of the State, but the Columbia is the closest for Walleye, with little good fishing from shore for walleye. Most of the better walleye will be found in Moses Lake, Potholes, Banks, Roosevelt, etc., but again, not really from shore.

I hope others can give you local advise on the Panfish.

Wisconsin? You will experience somewhat of a fish culture shock. Just stick with us and search out the board and we will get you adjusted as soon as possible.

Welcome to the Left Side of the Country. :salut:

SoDakboy
Petty Officer

Post by SoDakboy » Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:01 pm

FishingD welcome to WA, I'm from Sioux Falls SD and I love it out there (I don't have to shovel rain, and there is a wide assortment of fishing, hunting, camping, hiking, and ATVing),like Anglin said there isn't much from shore around here. Most of the lakes this side of the mountains have housing developments around them and only some have public fishing docks.

The easiest thing to go for around here, especially from shore is rainbow trout on Berkley power bait. What I like to do is get some size 14 or 16 treble hooks (I usually get the eagle claw pack with the leader already tied on) you can either tie a loop at the end of your line or a snap swivel and then loop in/snap on the leader. For the hooks I just tie on I put a rubber cored weight 1-3 feet from the end. For the leaders that I attach to a snap swivel I put on a casting weight with a metal loop. And then make a ball of dough and cover the treble hook, they also make "trout nuggets" that's about the size you want maybe a little smaller (I don't usually buy those because you get more product with just the dough).

The idea is that the weight will sink to the bottom and your hook will float off the bottom to however long your leader is.

There are some yellow perch, LM bass, SM bass and an assortment of other stuff. The most populated though is definitely the rainbows. I don't know what your storage situation is but I would look into buying a canoe, kayak, or inflatable pontoon. I started off with a canoe in 2008 and about 6 months ago bought a 12' inflatable boat with an aluminum floor and a 9.9 merc.

SoDakboy
Petty Officer

Post by SoDakboy » Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:17 pm

For where I would say Lake Washington and Lake Sammamish are your best bet. Look on the reports page see where is hitting good, use the Lakes at the top inbetween community and rivers. You can look at what lakes are in King County, Snohomish County (to the north of you), and Pierce County (to the South)

Return to “Walleye and Panfish Sponsored By Mar Don Resort”