Where to take 2 young girls fishing (7&5)

Warmwater fishing fans
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
bcbassking
Angler

Where to take 2 young girls fishing (7&5)

Post by bcbassking » Mon May 20, 2013 6:26 pm

I would like to take my girls out fishing Father's Day but they don't have the attention span to fish for bass like I do. I'm near Bellingham but don't mind traveling to Seattle area. Also I have a 18 foot bass boat that we are fishing out of. I'm looking for a lake with potential for lots of action, any panfish would be great.

TroutSnipr
Commander

Re: Where to take 2 young girls fishing (7&5)

Post by TroutSnipr » Wed May 22, 2013 8:34 am

As father's day approaches I would keep an eye on the lake reports section and see what is hitting where. It looks like at least a few of the Whatcom county lakes have had recent reports. http://www.washingtonlakes.com/CountyLa ... aspx?id=36" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Lamiglas G1307/Pflueger Arbor 7435
Berkley A949MH/Pflueger Arbor 7440
Damiki Angel EX S662ML/Pflueger President 6930
Denali Jadewood JS782FR/Pflueger President 6935
Abu Garcia Vendetta VTS706/Pflueger President XT 6730
Quantum EXO-PT/US Reels Hibdon 800

drysuperfly52
Commander

Post by drysuperfly52 » Wed May 22, 2013 9:02 am

cassidy by marysville or heart by anacortes almost always produce for me.
Yes i am 6'8", NO i didn't play basketball in school

Steelheadin360
Commodore

Post by Steelheadin360 » Wed May 22, 2013 10:02 am

Like TroutSnipr said I would watch the reports when the time gets closer. Cassidy lake has a good amount of crappie in it which are fun to catch and very tasty. Lake Stevens has a BUTT load of perch in it which can make for non stop action when you get on a school, also the occasinal small mouth and trout that are caught while perch fishing. I dont know about any of the lakes up north.

fear_no_fish
Captain

Post by fear_no_fish » Wed May 22, 2013 12:31 pm

There are tons of lakes up that way that will do some good. I would say cassidy but a 18 foot boat would be pretty hard to launch, due to the shallow boat launch.
Perch fishing on stevens could be a really good idea.
I would save some gas and stay up north if i were you though, probably going to find the same fishing. Just check the reports sections youll find something

Return to “Walleye and Panfish Sponsored By Mar Don Resort”