Walleye

Warmwater fishing fans
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
magnum4469
Angler

Walleye

Post by magnum4469 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:06 pm

Does anyone know if there is Walleye in Long Lake (Spokane Lake) , it's part of the Spokane River.I'm going there on vacation and would like to fish for walleye.Any info on that fisheries would be helpful.

Thanks

johnsgonefishin
Petty Officer

Re: Walleye

Post by johnsgonefishin » Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:25 am

Maybe, I know one person who said he caught one there but he may have been full of it. You are much better off going on the Spokane ARM of lake Roosevelt if you want to target walleye. You can catch a ton of smallies in long lake.

magnum4469
Angler

Post by magnum4469 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:56 am

Thanks for the info.

hewesfisher
Admiral

Post by hewesfisher » Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:11 am

As mentioned, there might be. If you want to specifically target walleye, your best chances for success will be fishing the Spokane arm below Long Lake dam on up into Lake Roosevelt. [cool]
Phil

'09 Hewescraft 20' ProV
150hp Merc Optimax
8hp Merc 4-stroke
Raymarine DS600X HD Sounder
Raymarine a78 MultiFunctionDisplay
Raymarine DownVision
Raymarine SideVision
Baystar Hydraulic Steering
Trollmaster Pro II
Traxstech Fishing System
MotorGuide 75# Thrust Wireless Bow Mount

Natebg1
Lieutenant

Post by Natebg1 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:22 pm

Well, this report might be a few days late, however I figured since it was a decent day that the information might be useful. Went out to Roosevelt on Sunday of this past weekend and started up in the Narrows working a few weed edges just off the drop points into about 20 to 25 feet of water and found a few good areas where some nice Walleye were sitting. Brought 4 Walleye a 19 inch and a 22 inch into the boat, while my buddy brought a 14 and a 16 into the boat. They were all good looking Walleye with plenty of fight. What made it even more exciting was using 8 lb test Mono on Ultra light rod and reels. I love fishing Walleyes this way, it is even more fun when you catch the occasional Smallie in the 4 to 5 lb range. Man can they fight with an ultra light. I had a few fights that must have easily lasted 10 minutes especially when I reeled in an 18 inch Smallie! Between the Small Mouth Bass and the Walleye and 1 rogue Perch we caught 11 Fish total and probably hooked 10 or more fish thru out the day that we lost from headshakes or a Smallie spitting the hook after jumping 3 feet out of the water. That is one thing that never gets old, even if they get off. A smallie going airborne is absolutely a blast to watch.

On another note the surface water temperature was between 77 and 78 degrees on Roosevelt and the water was at normal pool levels for summer time according to my buddy. Good Luck everyone, tight lines!

Nate

Return to “Walleye and Panfish Sponsored By Mar Don Resort”