Perch

Warmwater fishing fans
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
lemagoat
Warrant Officer

Perch

Post by lemagoat » Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:35 am

Posted in wrong section before, but looking for somewhere to go in thurston/lewis county area where I can get decent perch (8-14inch) to have fish fry? Tried St. Clair last year and didnt fare to well. any help would be great.
Live life, Love your wife, drive a goat, Catch a hog and be happy

jens
Commodore

RE:Perch

Post by jens » Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:36 pm

lemagoat wrote:Posted in wrong section before, but looking for somewhere to go in thurston/lewis county area where I can get decent perch (8-14inch) to have fish fry? Tried St. Clair last year and didnt fare to well. any help would be great.
Harts Lake in Pierce County has a decent population of perch. Your little boat would be perfect in there or we could take out mine.
"One more......."

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:36 pm

I dont know to much about your area of Centrailia But there is a lake or pond right off I5 that looked interesting to fish.

I personally perch fish Lk Wa.Today while doing a job I found a new public dock to fish. My customer said she saw 3 guys real perch in constanly.
Its in the Madison Park area.Its a public pier that is very sturdely built. It was a long I dock and probably 8" wide.I'm gonna go get some crawlers and try it. She told me her son set a crayfish pot infront of their condo and did well also.I'll go tomorrow nite. I need to give my back at least one more day of rest.

Now Lema why fish when you got the "BEEF SHOP" right off the airport road. LOL. They do great custom cutting.
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
When youre up to your rear end in alligators,its hard to remember that the initial plan was to drain the swamp.

kzoo
Commodore

Post by kzoo » Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:42 pm

racfish wrote:I dont know to much about your area of Centrailia But there is a lake or pond right off I5 that looked interesting to fish.

I personally perch fish Lk Wa.Today while doing a job I found a new public dock to fish. My customer said she saw 3 guys real perch in constanly.
Its in the Madison Park area.Its a public pier that is very sturdely built. It was a long I dock and probably 8" wide.I'm gonna go get some crawlers and try it. She told me her son set a crayfish pot infront of their condo and did well also.I'll go tomorrow nite. I need to give my back at least one more day of rest.

Now Lema why fish when you got the "BEEF SHOP" right off the airport road. LOL. They do great custom cutting.
I hope you meant 8' wide dock, 8" wide would be tough to walk on!

The perch fishing at Lake Washington is pretty much here! Best areas is any point and fish at 17 to 25 ft, early morning or late evenings for the big ones.
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:22 pm

YIKES!!!! in my business we talk inches.I'm so used to typing inches. Yes its at least 8 foot wide.Its right off Madison Park. If its a hot day it will be very hard to fish it. My customer let me know about the scant clothing and nudity along the shore.Hahaha.If theres too much nature scenery I might miss all the bites.
When youre up to your rear end in alligators,its hard to remember that the initial plan was to drain the swamp.

salmonslayer117
Commander

Post by salmonslayer117 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:43 pm

jens wrote:
lemagoat wrote:Posted in wrong section before, but looking for somewhere to go in thurston/lewis county area where I can get decent perch (8-14inch) to have fish fry? Tried St. Clair last year and didnt fare to well. any help would be great.
Harts Lake in Pierce County has a decent population of perch. Your little boat would be perfect in there or we could take out mine.
Yah, Harts lake has been a long time producer for some good size perch. I've had many ranging from 12 to 15+ inches. Haven't been there in quite a while though. Can't give a fresh report on it.
When times get tough, just keep on fishin'!!!

bustin
Warrant Officer

Post by bustin » Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:18 pm

Very good information I am from the Olympia area also and enjoy fishing for Perch. Thank you for sharing.

kevinb
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by kevinb » Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:34 pm

Probably a bit out of the way but figured I'd mention it but Tanwax produces
some quality perch.

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:32 am

Tanwax ? I used to go to our Synagoge camp as a lil guy at Tanwax. I always caught there.That lil lake is awesome.Wow Now I need to go there and check it out. Is there a dock to fish on there Kevin?Last time I was there I fished at the boat launch w/o alot of success.

spokey9
Captain

Post by spokey9 » Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:05 am

hey racfish, try rainbow resort right now out at tanwax. they got a nice lil weed patch around there dock that holds a ton of bloodworms that the perch are feeding on. use the smaller panfish size worm to mimic the bloodworms and you'll catch a ton of fish, plus some really nice bows and a cat or two. rainbow's number is 360-879-5115 if ya need directions to it.
Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except i still get to kill something.

kevinb
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by kevinb » Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:23 am

Theres Lakeview Resort and Rainbow. Ironically,I hadn't been to Rainbow in many years and stopped by
about a week or 2 prior to the season opening to check it out. Very nice folks,they handed my son and I
several cups of hatchery food to feed the trout in the pens. Pretty cool and I've been meaning to go back,the
hospitality was 2nd to none. Kapowsin is another lake that has been producing large perch and crappie,I've fished this lake
since I was a child....a safe bet that I've fished it for 25 years,its perch and crappie are the best I have ever seen.
We're actually headed up there in a few minutes,just waiting for my son to become a little more alert.....coffee
and 4 year olds doesn't mix so well

fish_4_all
Petty Officer

Post by fish_4_all » Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:57 pm

I used to fish Black Lake a lot when lived there and it has some really nice perch in it. Fished a private dock on the North end, I think, and used to catch 8-14 inchers often enough to make it worth while. There are a lot of them in deeper water toward the East end of the Lake by the small bridge over a creek. right in front of the lilly pads it used to drop off fairly fast and I used to see a lot of perch caught there. Not to mention the stripers in there although I only saw them without and luck getting one to bite.

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:32 am

I know that in Lake Union we used to catch large perch. We would fish tightlined off the AGC bldg.The parking attendents ealy ams are cool with letting you park near the water for free.I dont talk much about Lk Union cuz its a very large polluted body of water.I personally wont eat a thing comming out of the area.I do remember large perch from shore from the Freemont Bridge on up to Lk Wa. Ifin you want big perch and dont mind the PCBs and carcinagentic water try there.

Bruce Nelson
Petty Officer

Post by Bruce Nelson » Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:32 am

McIntosh Lake by Tenino has a good population of fair sized perch. The downside is that there could be an algae bloom this time of year as the lake is only ten to twelve feet deep.

lemagoat
Warrant Officer

Post by lemagoat » Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:51 am

caught many perch in mac years ago, just got nice bass in there since. The bloom and slime in there get's real bad this time of year.
Live life, Love your wife, drive a goat, Catch a hog and be happy

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:47 am

Yummmm Slime!!!!! one of my favorite side dishes with fresh fish...

Bruce Nelson
Petty Officer

Post by Bruce Nelson » Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:50 pm

racfish wrote:I know that in Lake Union we used to catch large perch. We would fish tightlined off the AGC bldg.The parking attendents ealy ams are cool with letting you park near the water for free.I dont talk much about Lk Union cuz its a very large polluted body of water.I personally wont eat a thing comming out of the area.I do remember large perch from shore from the Freemont Bridge on up to Lk Wa. Ifin you want big perch and dont mind the PCBs and carcinagentic water try there.
That's why I prefer Sammamish, big perch minus the PCB's, so far!

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:56 pm

i had a couple pics from Lk wa.on Saturday. Fished the I-90 area.One was foul hooked and I dont know how. The schools were thick When I set the hook that came up.He went back in to catch another day.
Attachments
Photo-0140.jpeg
Photo-0140.jpeg (90.34 KiB) Viewed 3595 times
Photo-0142.jpeg
Photo-0142.jpeg (102.18 KiB) Viewed 3609 times
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nickbell
Commander

Post by nickbell » Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:23 pm

racfish wrote:I dont know to much about your area of Centrailia But there is a lake or pond right off I5 that looked interesting to fish.

Can you tell me exactly where this pond is? I have always been a pond person. I'v been looking for a new place to fish recently so if you can let me know that would be great!

kevinb
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by kevinb » Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:08 pm

Update on Tanwax panfish

I can't confirm this but heard from a credible source that several perch and crappie being caught recently
have had some sort of virus/fungus on and around the mouth. Not trying to start a panic,just mentioning it.

On a lighter note,Lake Leland is producing quality perch,checkout BMGW's latest report

Return to “Walleye and Panfish Sponsored By Mar Don Resort”