Banks Lake Walleye

Warmwater fishing fans
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
aaron42ash
Lieutenant

RE:Banks Lake Walleye

Post by aaron42ash » Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:55 pm

Hey if you head up there during Memorial Day maybe we could compare catches ect.? It's still months away, but I'm getting antsy to hit the water in a boat rather than skis...

aaron42ash
Lieutenant

Post by aaron42ash » Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:16 pm

Ok so I grabbed one of those maps you were talking about... It indicates the best fishing in the south for 'eyes? I know you said give it a shot anywhere the right depth can be found so I will. I also loaded up on spinner rigs and some nice looking Gulp leeches and minnows to try jigging.

I am still a bit concerned about camping though. Like I said, I don't wan to be at any "campground." If there is a toilet there...it is probably too ritzy for us. Is there any public shoreline? Roosevelt is all public where there is no Rez. is it the same case here?

wmaxwell48
Warrant Officer

Post by wmaxwell48 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:33 pm

I would say 90% of the shoreline is public lands. There several low to no budget campsites around the State Park midlake. the north end is more developed and of course Coulee city.

There are a couple of camp areas around the Million Dollar Mile. One north and one south of it that I don't think there is any fees at all. Jones Bay is cheap and has a toilet, up by Northup right off Rt. 155. I personally prefer spending the $26 a night for the State Park at Steamboat Rock. That gives me a great tent pad and electric to charge the batteries plus the ramp, toilets, and shower. There are lots of options.
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

aaron42ash
Lieutenant

Post by aaron42ash » Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:47 am

Hey guys thanks again for all of your help. We went out to Banks yesterday and snooped around for a bit. Couldn't get down to the Barker Canyon ramp, but that one looks like the ticket for us as long as there is overnight parking (????). Anyway, we hit -up Big Wally's...nice little shop. A bit over priced, but nice. By the way, all the other ramps are clear up to the ice. Looks like a few people have been trying for whitefish and perch. We briefly spoke to a couple guys out on the ice, but nothing was doin'. Why don't they try for the 'Eyes? some good looking ice where it wasn't open or buckling.

Alright thanks again and take it easy out there.
Attachments
0216091127.jpg
0216091127.jpg (157.33 KiB) Viewed 885 times
0216091134.jpg
0216091134.jpg (156.93 KiB) Viewed 886 times
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Walleye and Panfish Sponsored By Mar Don Resort”