Perch and Crappie Lakes in Kitsap or Jefferson

Warmwater fishing fans
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
DavidA
Lieutenant

Perch and Crappie Lakes in Kitsap or Jefferson

Post by DavidA » Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:44 pm

As you can probably tell, I am in Kitsap County and would like to get an idea where I might have a decent shot at some Perch and/or Crappie, relatively nearby. I understand that lake Washington is good for Perch, but I'd like to avoid taking the ferry if possible. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. :fish:

bob johansen
Commander

Re: Perch and Crappie Lakes in Kitsap or Jefferson

Post by bob johansen » Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:16 am

Lake Leland in Jefferson County and Mason Lake in Mason County.

DavidA
Lieutenant

Post by DavidA » Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:18 am

Bob: Thanks for the suggestions. Coming from you, they carry a lot of weight. I have not yet tried Mason and am looking forward to it. Leland has been a favorite of mine for a while now.

Spiny_Ray_Tracker
Petty Officer

Post by Spiny_Ray_Tracker » Wed May 23, 2012 8:00 pm

You can also find Crappie in Long Lake (Port Orchard) and lots of Yellow Perch at Island Lake (Mason County/ Shelton). I have heard mostly good things about Crappie fishing at Lake Leland (Jefferson Co.) Good luck!

KayakFishin
Angler

Post by KayakFishin » Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:07 am

I wouldn't eat anything from Long Lake. The lake has had a lot of chemicals put in it to kill the weeds. Doesn't sound too healthy...

panfisher
Captain

Post by panfisher » Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:30 pm

KayakFishin wrote:I wouldn't eat anything from Long Lake. The lake has had a lot of chemicals put in it to kill the weeds. Doesn't sound too healthy...
most stuff that is used to kill weeds does not mess with the quality of the fish so I myself would not have a problem eating a bucket full of crappie/perch from those lakes.

Return to “Walleye and Panfish Sponsored By Mar Don Resort”